Ooookay...
I began exercising as sson as I could walk basically - my mum did workout videos everyday and I joined in. I did ballet, gymnastics and swimming lessons but I was still 'the fat one' in the family. I began dieting when I was 7 and trying to exercise secretly and count calories, but I still got 'chubby' jibes and would cry most days about it. After suffering sever depression for four years as a teenager (as a result of bullying) my weight increased a lot and my self esteem got even worse. Now I'm 21 and overweight and I feel like if I don't find a way to lose the weight soon I won't want to carry on anymore. I feel so awful, although my friends all think I'm a happy person. I cut myself, I have panic attacks everyday, I now hate EVERYTHING about my appearance and I cannot have relationships cos any many would have to be mad to want me. I feel like I'm about to have some breakdown cos I dont' have anyone I can talk to (I tried talking to my mum once about bullying at school when I was 13. She just laughed and told me to get over it.) It's getting to the point where it's not just the outside I hate, I'm beginning to really detest my entire being and wonder why I deserve to live. I need to lose weight now to keep myself from going over the edge! Please anyone who has any advice on dropping loads of weight fast! Please! x

Losing weight takes a while, you have to first believe tht you are beautiful no matter what. I've struggled with weight loss also and for a while I would purge, It worked wonders but then when I stopped I would gain the weight back faster than anything. Working out and eating right can be an answer. Most ppl gain weight due to stress try some stress relieving techniques and see how that goes. if all else fails water pills work.

Anouska, it sounds as if you're trying to climb a tree without starting at the bottom. Let me explain...

The panic attacks you mentioned.... That is a mental health issue. I suffer from anxiety and much like panic attacks it too can be triggered by stress. As far as weight loss goes might I suggest something.

First take some time and write down some goals. Some short term goals and then follow up with some long term goals. When writing these goals you must ask one very important question. Why? When writing your goals down, you have to also write down the reasons you are doing this. And I'm not talking about reasons such as "I want to look good." I'm talking about the truly motivating reasons...

Here is an example of a goal I have.

My goal is to exercise 30 minutes a day. (This helped me to build the habit of getting into a routine.)

My reasons were as follows...
- "I'm sick and tired of not being able to wear the clothes I like."
- "I feel ashamed when I can't go run around with my Nephews and play with them."
- "I hate always wearing a t-shirt to go swimming."

Any time I don't feel like exercising I read my goal and reasons. It scares/motivates me into keeping the promise I made myself.

So by reading your post I'm sure you can write down many good motivating reasons. With the right reasons it will be impossible to fail.

Your body knows it can do it, but sometimes it takes your brain a little longer to process the information. Don't let anything or anyone—even yourself—stand between you and your goals. Look for health over internet which can be good for you. I'll suggest you Roca Labs. I lost alot with it. :) but don't give up. :)