Just reading a lot of posts about binge drinking and anxiety attacks later. So helpful guys! Well cant say i binge drink anymore...but even 3 wines causes all the same feelings for me, its so unfair not to be able to socialise normally. i never really drank heavily it seems, never took drugs. Seem to be born with it and it gets worse the older i get! Ive done over a year of cognitive behaviour therapy...went to groups did courses...all that. Still! happens...anxiety for days, worrying over nothing sometimes, obsessively. Then insomnia.....No professional has an explanation as to why i have it or even specifically what anxiety disorder i have...i dont really fit into any of the categories completely....just frustrating. I have decided that drinking does not agree with me or my anxiety, doing my best to keep at it. Is this a for life problem? or can someone get over anxiety for good? anyone??

Well I can feel your pain,I'm the same way.Head has way too many thoughts,nothing makes me happy,friends around but feel like I'm just going through the motions,can't sleep,over eat but food doesn't taste as good as it used to.Back in 2005 I was taking xanax and my career way going great,and felt like I was on top of the world,absolutely no anxiety,then hurt my back, xanax was only temp. fix, my career went south and now it's back to those same old feelings I had before.So I have to say until you feel successful and love yourself and really feel like you belong and your friends really keep you happy.That's the cure...It's medicine for your head the natural way...

I don't drink or do drugs or anything of that matter. I have anxiety so bad that it overwhelms me sometimes and prevents me from doing things. Either I'm anxious about something and it prevents me from sleeping or I'm just numb and I go through the motions of things. It's difficult to live this way but I get through the day. I take medication for it and it helps alot but the anxiety is always there in the corner of my mind..