My friend was operated for cataract in the eye. He was discharged from the hospital.He had urine infection. Then vomitings and low blood pressure resulting in low pulse rate.After some days he developed imbalance and could walk only with manual support.After some days suddenly he started speaking little incoherently. Then followed rapid organs failure resulting in his death.
We think that there was some mishandling during the surgery resulting in some damages to the nerves connecting eyes to the brain resulting in the above fatal complications.
Is it possible? My friend had no other problem than light spondilytis.

Did the autopsy report an infection from the surgery? That's what it sounds like it could be.

I'm sorry you lost your friend to this. That must have been very difficult.

Hallo,
Did they do the autopsy? This is the first time that I have heard that cataract surgery can lead to someone’s death. I know that some cases lead to blindness but I was not aware that this can be so risky. Still I am not sure if this is possible. Did he have any other conditions before cataract? I think that cataract surgery is not that complicated and that it is done very often in now days. You have to talk to someone professional about this because I really am not sure if his death could’ve been caused by mishandling during the procedure. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen