I'm 16 and I've been cutting myself for 1 year now, and everytime I think I'm getting better something happens in myself and I cut again. I can't tell anybody cause they all think I'm ok, but inside I know that I'm not. If you can explain to me why I'm doing this to myself it would be helpful in many different ways.

You need professional councelling.

%-) >:( i keep cutting myself and i don't know why. i've been doing it for a month now. can you help me stop?? without going through therapy

Hi, first you need to understand where its coming from.

Whats bothering you, what do you think is the cause, etc.

And find ways to better deal with those things so that they wont bother

you to the extent of causing a cutting episode.

Some ppl will cut simply bc its the 'in thing' or something like that, which is nutts!!

If you truly cannot stop due to emotional distress we can try to figure out what your triggers are, k

Be well!!

Hi. I started cutting when I was 14 and did it for about a year. I kept telling myself I was going to stop, that this was it... but it never was. I was miserable, and it was because of living with my mom and stepfather. Emotional abuse is the term... it really screwed me up. Anyway. I finally moved to my dad's house. I still wanted to do it, but I could control it, and I didn't obsess over it like I used to. You need to figure out what is the real problem. If it is something that is clearly unhealthy - an abusive relationship, for instance - then you need to get out of it. For other triggers, like stress from school, then you need to find some way to deal with it. I know that everybody probably thinks you're OK, and that the last thing you want to do is to talk to them, but if you have a friend or family member that maybe you could talk to, please do. All my friend told me was "you need help" (no, ya think?) but somehow even that helped, just knowing that someone knew.

_[removed]_ wrote:

I'm 16 and I've been cutting myself for 1 year now, and everytime I think I'm getting better something happens in myself and I cut again. I can't tell anybody cause they all think I'm ok, but inside I know that I'm not. If you can explain to me why I'm doing this to myself it would be helpful in many different ways.[/qu ote]

my name is mandy and i cut to im 14 teen and been doing it 4 2 years now i do it bcuz of depression :cry: and my family and boyfriend problems. :(

Please help me, i have the same problem. I've just had a big argument with my dad and have cut myself really badly. i wan't to stop but i don't think i can get out of my situation. I want to stop, because i know its wrong, but it makes me feel better and then i feel guilty.

Hi,you are simply right about the "in thing".

I have been cutting my wrist for two months.

I did occasional wear black before I started,that had nothing to do with my cutting episodes.

Every one think I am "emo" or something and I'm not.

It makes depressed and I start thinking about how people see me,which is the main reason for my cutting.

I did stop,but I still think its me and it will never go away.

Can you help?

Hi,I'm Fionna.I have been cutting for two months.
I stopped,but I feel like it is still in me.
I just got out of the whole"dark" phase,which a lot of people seem to be in.
If I tell some one I cut,they will probably think its some style or something,but it is not.I cut because at the moment it helps,but it just goes right back and start mess all over again.I do care what people think about me,and that is the reason for my episodes.If every one go around saying I just do it because it is the "in" thing,then I will probably get even more depressed.
Avoiding the fact that I did actually start when I was in that phase.
Things happen and I have no control over what people think.
What should I do?

:-(
I'm cutting myself again too.
i stopped for so long..
4 years.. cause i met someone who changed my life emencely and now we are going through a cycle of me being blamed for things i'm not even doing and no amount of me saying otherwise is changing anything.. and that feeling i get in my chest that feels like i'm falling and my body starts to tremble.. that's all happening again.. the only thing i do that makes me feel better is cutting. i never thought i'd be back here again.. and i don't know what to do.. it's a little comforting to know that other people are having the same sadness.. but i need help.. and i can't afford it. does anyone know where i can get free or cheap conceling? i live in Sacramento California.

I'm 16 and I've been cutting myself for about a year too. I was suicidal for about 4 years before that. I have a serious self-esteem problem. I blame myself for mistakes. Mistakes aren't an option for me. I keep thinking I should get some help (therapy, a psychologistt or something) but the last time I tried to tell my parents about my 'problems', they thought I was joking. I was really hurt so I just tried to shrug it off. "Yeah, haha, a joke... yeah."

I got into a relationship with a guy who became the world to me. He was everything. He could cheer me up or calm me down just by saying something. I thought I was in love and I suppose I was because I needed that someone to give me that individual unique attention. To tell me that everyone makes mistakes and that everything was going to be okay. He could talk me out of trying to kill myself and the cutting even pattered down after a few months of being with him. But a short while after, I guess he realized he could have someone who loved him unconditionally. And I do love him, but I still feel taken for granted. And that's partly my fault. It's wrong to pin everything you have on someone who already told you you aren't his first priority.

I think I've been getting better now that I've tried to see things clearer. I've taken a step away from that little bubble I used to live in and I've tried to relax. To give myself time to analyze what went wrong. But the cutting is picking up again. I don't know what to do... If anyone knows how to help, please reply.

Ive been cutting for seven years

girl, I have a 17 and when he was 14 he did the same and I no idea. It's like a attention getter. No is there for you so its like your frustrations are locked inside. Im very open with my children and I didnt know he was hurting. Now we talk about everything. You are better than that. Try going for a walk and looking whats bothering you. I write letters to people , to get my anger out and I dont send them. Can you talk to your mother? If not talk to me. I will help you, as a friend.

hi. I'm 14 and I've been cutting myself for a year, i don't know how to stop... i cant see a professional because my family can't afford it but then again, they think I'm fine so what do i do?...

So I started cutting myself earlier this spring. When I first did it, it was a result of a serious panick attack- I did it and i couldn't control myself. Now I do it because I like it... I'm posting this now cuz about five minutes ago I left four new deep wounds on my hip... but i'm not sorry about it and there is nothing wrong with me. Nothing has happened to cause me to do this but I don't want to stop.

Do you think there might be something more serious happening to me? Maybe not, but I'm just curious because I know self-injury is supposed to be unhealthy.