I need some help :\ I feel as if i have what feels to be mucus or something stuck in my throat, right where the opening that leads to my lungs is. Usually when someone feels that kinda sensation they just clear their throat and its expelled, well, ive been doing it all night and am losing sleep over this, because the sensation simply wont go away no matter how many times i clear my throat.

The sensation of something stuck there is driving me crazy :-( I can breathe normally, and theres no pain, just that constant sensation of mucus or some kind of wetness being stuck there and being unable to clear it out :-( Ive tried drinking water, used throat spray, nothing seems to help at all :-(

any help or insight would be sooo very much appreciated.

i am having the same issue. i have had it for about 2 months now. did you ever find anything that worked? did it ever go away?

HEY,

Any improvement from your end ...

I have the the EXACT same symptoms for one week now

Regards,

Anu

ElainaMC wrote:

The sensation of something stuck there is driving me crazy :( I can breathe normally, and theres no pain, just that constant sensation of mucus or some kind of wetness being stuck there and being unable to clear it out :( Ive tried drinking water, used throat spray, nothing seems to help at all :(

i have this same thing, have had it for about a month now. went to the doc and he gave me some prescriptions but it didn't seem to help anything.

Anybody get anywhere with this? its driving me nuts having to try to (unsuccessfully) clear my throat every few minutes or so.

i hope someone has the answer to this. this has been happening to me for 10 years straight, ever since i got a concussion in the 4th grade. i have gotten used to it but it is still such a pain and slightly embarrassing to be constantly clearing my throat

my problem started about 1 month ago. its like something stuck in my throat [ it feels like something pushing on my adamsappel],and it dissapears [for a second]when i swallow. I also feel it in my neck but there is no pain at all [just really annoying] also allot of clear mucus ,what makes me swallow allot!
i tried drinking cold or hot ,eating something dry like crackers . But nothing seems to do the trick . I went to see a doctor and had a bloodtest done for my tyrod .But every thing was ok??? the weird ting is sometimes its gone for 1 day and then its back like before.
It drives me grazy!! anybody who can help??

I've also got something similar. Mine is near the top end of the throat. It feels like a lump of sorts. I suffered a server knock to the head recently (passed out for a second only). Is it related? It has happened only since then, Can't anyone add anything?

People seem to have symptoms yet I see no answers to aid us :-(

Me too. Mine started when I swallowed some apple peel the 'wrong way' six months ago - feels like the peel is still stuck and I can't cough it out. I've even had a full bronchoscopy but the ENT surgeon insisted there is nothing in my throat. He thinks it's Globus Pharyngeus, or chronic irritation of the throat nerves. I hesitate to say I don't believe him, but I am very confused. I've been searching and searching for help for six months. Meanwhile I find that painkillers and alcohol ease the symptoms a bit - hardly healthy, but if I don't take something I'm in so much discomfort I can barely function. But these only mask the discomfort. The underlying cause is still there. If only I could cough it out, I'd be fine! But coughing just makes my throat hurt like hell.

I'm about to start taking Gabapentin (a med supposed to relieve nerve pain, eg. shingles, neuralgia) so I'll post how that goes.

It helps a bit to know this is such a common problem. In my case, I really think nothing is going to solve it except time. But if anyone has any helpful experiences or suggestions, I'd be so, so grateful. I'm sure we all would!

Probably tonsil stones

I have a similar issue. Anyone else have other symptoms?
Some of my other symptoms I feel are worth mentioning are:
bad/sour taste in mouth
Dry mouth
Thick saliva
Upset stomach

i have the same issues its been about a week now and the feeling is still there. i also have been drooling alot in my sleep. i dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Useually you swallow b aub, then it gets digested. After that there is something called the "fantom effect" i have the effect, and i sware that there is a sPider in my throat, but there isnt. You might have this issue. ! ;-)

I read your comments regarding the feeling of something struck on your throat. I have exactly the same issue like you. I ate fish and i think there is a small fishbone struck on my throat bu it has been removed. I went to 3 different ENT doctors but they say nothing is there, but I can feel that there is something and it's been 3 weeks now. I am really worried.