hello im 18 and   recently just  had my first ever condom to vagina  sexually encounter .  i was useing fresh out of he box   trojan  condoms   .  she  is  a virgin so im not worried about stds.   I only lasted about  3 minutes  and  i released  in the  condom.  As soon as this happened  i pulled   out and   took  off the  condom and  tied it up .  I  know that  the  condom did not   rip or  have  holes. i know this  because i  put the condom over my hand to see if  any  would  pour out even  tired to milk it a bit.  However it all stayed inside the condom.   My father( yes i told him  told me i did every thing  correctly  and should not   feel paranoid. However i still  am .   I understand condoms dont protect agiast pregnancy  100%  but only because   they break or fail some times.   However  what if it does not  fail ?    well any way   shes  taking the morning after pill and a pregnancy test    within 2 weeks time from when we had sex.    AM I JUST PARANOID OR  DO I HAVE SOMETHING TO SERIOUSLY WORRY ABOUT  PLEASE RESPOND. 

Hi Young Man,

You did everything correctly, the chances of pregnancy are very slight.  There is no need for a pregnancy test in two weeks unless her period was due and it is late.  Testing early will give you a negative - guaranteed.

Used correctly, your condom is about 98% effective. 

I don't think either of you need to worry.  While she can take the morning after pill I don't think it necessary.

Hang in there, good luck.

thank you im glad to hear it

She probably didn't need to take Plan B, but if you guys are really worried, maybe you should try suggesting that your girlfriend get on a regular form of birth control- like the pill or the shots. Plan B can really screw up a girl's menstrual cycle and mess with her head- over a month and I'm still dealing with the after-effects of Plan B.

You guys should also look into spermicides and other methods of birth control. That way you have double protection against pregnancy if the condom breaks or has a hole in it.

are you sure she did not? she took any way though

I'm in a similar situation but I'm a girl and I have high anxiety and epileptic tendancies so I'm very afraid my high stress levels due to him "cumming" inside me WITH protection on my 1-2 fertile day could cause my epilepsy to react though I'm on very strict medication for it...He said it didnt leak or break (He ran water through it to see if it dripped) and I'm sure he wouldnt lie to me about the leakage, though I couldnt see. but please tell me I should be ok. I mean I'm stressed through the roof and I dont want to delay my period, but I'm so scared..help

Hi Guest,

An intact condom is very effective - if it was put on prior to any sexual contact and removed carefully.

If you are going to be sexually active though, I'd suggest a daily birth control pill. They are also very effective and can significantly reduce your anxiety levels.

Hope it helps.

you're really just paranoid. :]

So I should be fine??? I mean if you really are a medic, this is going to ease my anxiety. And my parents know of my sexual encounters, but are a little uneasy at this time to put me on this pill due to my medical history and the side effects and such. I'm young, 17 and I've only recently lost my virginity, and where I'm from they dont teach you about sex in school, they pretty much just say "Be on the pill, and use a condom." they dont really give you details as to how a condom works (though I know.) so my sex education is pretty much based on books and what I read online...not the best way to learn.

I am 18 I had sex with a condom like 2 weeks ago. As days passed I started having symptoms of pregnancy I had went to my doctor for a pregnancy. And results negative. And now it the 3 week I had missed my period am I pregnant?

I feel ur struggle I have the same problems too...I'm worrying alot about it but I did everything like u did and I don't think my girlfriend is pregnant or will be. You just have to tell urself that you did all the right steps and all the right safe sex needs so yea don't worry and hang in there.