guys, help me! I am really terrified. I am only 24 years old, I live in the dorm with my colleagues from the college we had this party, we were drinking alcohol from the watermelon and we were drinking punch as well. so, I went to my room after this party and I started to have this horrible heartburn. also, my throat and my chest pain were really bad and strong so I am really scared. I can't talk to my parents about this because they are really controversial and they do believe that I only study in the College. what to do? scared! 

Hello.

You are only 24 years old and you have heart issues and alcohol problems? I assume that you knew that, so I can't without wondering why are you drinking alcohol in the first place? I am not trying to be your parent, but that is a little bit immature. Here is why this happens -  generally, alcohol may interfere with the normal operating method of the tongue. And you already know that your tongue may interfere with swallowing and cause a sore throat after drinking alcohol because that is how alcohol affects you.Also, if you have any heart issue, whatever type of alcohol you are drinking, it causes inflammation of the throat's delicate mucous membrane and it is causing an irritation. Don't do that. A chest pain after drinking alcohol it can happen always and may lead to very serious health issues. 

I was reading some researchers were it says that just one drink serving is equivalent to a 12-ounce regular beer, so, you can imagine how many alcohols we are talking about. Yes, this heartburn is happening because you are not a heavy drinker and you are not used to this. Also, the biggest chances for the heartburn happens if you are drinking alcohol before you go to bed. Avoid drinking alcohol 2-3 hours before bed, because if you do that, you may experience acid reflux at night. Any type of alcohol can make acid reflux and that is why you have this pain. 

Celebrity

Hello.

There are actually so many reasons for this since alcohol can interfere with the normal operating method of the tongue. Generally, the tongue's base after drinking alcohol is in a position that may interfere with swallowing and cause a sore and very painful throat. This all can lead to causing irritability and throat soreness and it can go even to the heartburn as well. If this heartburn continues, you really should seek the help. A lot of alcohol can even impair your immune system, which also can lead to problems that you are having right now. So, seeking for doctors help would be a good solution. 

Well, I really have to say that I am really, really silly. So, two months ago, when I wrote this to you, this pain just went away after a couple of hours. So, I really believed that this won't happen, but I also have decided that I won't drink alcohol anymore. So, I didn't. Until a couple of days ago. Three days ago, to be exact. And now, I still have this chest pain and occasionally I have this heartburn as well. Not that strong, but it is still there! And now, I really don't know what to do. Now, I am really scared because I was sure that this will go away just like it did last time, but guess that I was wrong.

Well, this means that you should go to your doctor to check your heart. Because it is a bit too long and you are being irresponsible because you are waiting for too long. The heart can't pump the blood like it should when you are drinking alcohol like that. And I think that you overreacted a little bit with it. So, you should check it because your heart might be enlarged, you might have some problems with your heart that you don't know. I don't understand why didn't you went to see your doctor in the first place when this all started to happen to you? You obviously do have some problem. 

Celebrity

Hi everyone. There is no need for tensions. Relax.  Also, you should know that alcohol can't actually burn your throat, because the ethanol in the liquid is making your throat's heat receptors more sensitive, and this is why this happens. Also, when it comes to this heartburn, your stomach and your heart must be really sensitive to alcohol. It happens because the beer, wine, and some other alcoholic beverages can cause relaxation of this sphincter, which is also making acid reflux more likely and that is why this happens. I also suggest you visiting your doctor, just to see what this is all about.