Hello, my friends. I have been reading something and I’ve seen someone mentioning conjunctivitis related to dehydration. I must admit that this sounds really strange to me. Can this really happen? I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more about it. Your help is more than welcomed in this matter.

Hello, there. I guess a serious form of dehydration can lead to conjunctivitis. Perhaps, someone refers to a syndrome of dry eyes. This can happen because of various syndromes. Eyes do not have enough tears. Since tears have important antibacterial role, there is an infection of the eyes, i.e. conjunctiva. In that way, we can tell that “dehydration” led to conjunctivitis. I am sorry I don’t know more details. Perhaps, someone else will know more. Good luck! Bye!

Hi there,
I think that there are cases where conjunctivitis is related to dehydration. I don’t think that this can happen too often but some people have these problems. The thing is that your might have dry mouth caused by conjunctivitis. On the other hand dehydration in the body can also lead to conjunctivitis as well. So as you see the eye infection is not easy thing to have but the good thing is that conjunctivitis is treatable. So if you have this problem you can treat it easily. I know that children often get conjunctivitis because it is contagious. I hope that you will find this helpful in any way.

All the best,
Danella