Hello! I am 43 years old and in last few years I have been having some problems with my blood pressure level. Usually at night it gets high and I get terrible headaches. I sometimes even feel like vomiting. The doctor has recently prescribed me some medicaments for my hypertension, and I didn’t have those kinds of attacks since then. What I did notice though that every 2 or three months I have conjunctivitis. I have heard that there is some connection between high pressure and eye problems, so I wonder if maybe my hypertension is the reason for reoccurring conjunctivitis. Is there some dependency between high blood pressure and chronic conjunctivitis?

Hello! I suffer from hypertension too. I have tried to learn as much as I can about it so that I can live better and not in fear of it. Nevertheless, I don’t consider myself an expert. I do feel, though, that I can share what I know with you. Hypertension can cause some eye problems, usually concerning the optic nerve or muscles of the eye. It however has nothing to do with conjunctivitis since conjunctivities can be only viral, allergic or bacterial. So maybe you are allergic to some eye-cosmetic, or you use something that is contaminated. I think doctors must be able to determine the real cause of your chronic conjunctivitis and help you put it to an end.

Hi ladies! I would just like to add that there is also a possibility that you don’t really cure the eye infection completely every time it reoccurs. It might be that as soon as you feel better you stop using the medicaments and the conjunctivitis simply comes back in some time. So next time when it occurs just be persistent and apply the medicaments for at least a month. Of course this might not be the case, but that is the only thing I could think of. Maybe someone else has more ideas?