Hello. I'm 25 year old female and about two weeks ago I have found out that I'm pregnant.
I have used some home pregnancy test and it has came positive. My husband and I were very happy when we saw the “blue line” because we have waited for this child for five years.
But, before any decisions I would like to hear more about one problem. You see, I'm having some problems with controlling my body weight in some normal limits and that’s why I would like to find out can maternal obesity affect somehow child’s health!
Thanks!

Hello. I was also interested about these things when I was planning my pregnancy and I will tell you why I waited two more years, to loose some weight and then to have a baby. There are several possible health impacts on child that could be associated with maternal obesity!
You see, several studies have proven that increased risk for neural tube defects associated with prepregnancy maternal obesity.
There is also a proven study about association between heart defects and multiple anomalies and being overweight before pregnancy. It can also cause problems in lactation. My suggestion is- contact some doctor over this and let him tell you what’s best for you and your child!