There are so many things I’ve heard it’s dangerous for baby. I have grandmother who always follow me take care that I don’t catch fever or become sick for any other way. Is that really so dangerous for baby? Maybe she overstate everything? I am young mother so I want to hear exactly is my baby protected or I have to live like my grandmother wish?

The impact of maternal illness on the fetus may be direct, as in altered growth rates or induction of anomalies. Concern for maternal and fetal well-being that influences the timing and method of delivery may have greater consequences. As the gestational age for neonatal viability decreases and preoperative maternal intensive care lessens the risks in ceserean delivery. Development of a health care system for pregnant women that is readily accessible, friendly and includes effective screening for complications followed by appropriate referral for tertiary care must be a high priority. Modern medicine lowers the risk to the developing the fetus. Anyway, maternal health in general may be improving. About fever and pregnancy, there is no great risk for your baby. Off course it is better that you take care about yourself but your baby is well protected. Visit your gynecologist immediately if you feel you are sick and don’t take any pills on your own. Don’t let your grandmother to make you too much worry about that.