Hi my name is melissa i am a recovering anorexia i havent eaten for 3years. I started to eat again because i got very sick and in the hospital. When i first started eating my stomach was so bloated and in pain but they said it was normal. Now i been high on fiber yogurt lots of vegtebeles and fruits. I work out 4days out of the week 2 1/2 miles a day and it seems im gaining weight i am barely on my second week of recovery is it normal for me to gain a couple pounds and then go back to normal?? Im getting so scared that I want to go back and starve my self again.

hi, so what where the first symptoms that you knew you were anorexic? i'm still not sure if that's the deal with me but I hardly eat and when I do I feel like vomitting. what made you stop eating for that long? i currently weight 150 and think i look huge, so if you haven't eaten for 3yrs how much do you currently weigh. got any advise for me to loose weight in a safe way. what made you not eat for that long was your family worried, mine doesn't really see it.

Well it happened once where I just dedicated my self to not eating juist stuck to coffee or tea. And I would drink them so fast!! I used to weaigh 255 now I weigh 137 I dropped down to a size 1-3 my famliy were always worried for me but I never listened. Now recovering is so hard but its worth it first it was my stomach bloating then my legs swolled up so bad because I retained water. But the abdominal pain was so bad. It still comes and then it goes my clotes still fits me but m bloating in stomach bothers me do u know how long the bloating will last for?

What made you do that? 137 is great are you average height? I'm 145 and 5"6'. I gained back some weight cuz I started to eat more. my dress size is about an 8 wich I would like to get to a size 4-5 but i think I will take the easy way and starve again. wich worries me. the bloating will ease with time i know about the pains its bad at least it is for me! so what does your family do to help you out? what would be your ideal weight are you still working out, is that safe? why would you only drink fluids and why fast, did that help you loose weight? are you currently going seeing a doctor? email me if you'd like we can exchange ideas on how to get better my name is amber (******) question; what types of workouts do you do? and do your abdominal pain last for minutes or hours. mines usually last for about 2 hours at a time!!!

Well I'm 5'9 I been recovering for a month already! My pants still fit me the same but when my stomach bloats they fit snug. My abdomen pain went away but I'm very anemic and doc didn't want to give me anything because my menstral wasn't heavy nor bloody stools so they want to make sure that my abdominal is ok and that by intestines aremt bleeding or my ulcer. My swelling from legs went back to normal I relapsed the first time I went to the hosptial none of the symptoms from stomach to swollen legs. I cried for a week when my legs swelled. But it was because I retained a lot of water. Now its just my stomach my stomach can be ok days and some days bloat with a lot of gas. How long does the bloating last for or how long did it last to you. I used to run 2miles in a half 4 fdays out of the week now they said don't run cuz my anemia but to walk so now I walk 2miles 4days and do situps. My family is very concern they want me to get better and they don't want me to relapse for a thrid time and with everything I went threw this time I don't ever want to the pain and seeing my stomach like if I was prg. And my legs no way do I want to. How long have u been in recovery for? And how do you feel so far? My fear is still gaining weight I just want to go back how I was want the bloating in my stomach to go back its not that bad it seems day by day it gets better likr for breakfeast I have fiberone ceral with milk and grapefruit for my snack I have a yogurt then for lucnh ill make my self a bannana smoothie which contains just like 6ozof skim milk a banana ice and splenda. With bowl of fruit and fiberone bar or if I don't have fruit I eat veggies then for dinner ill have my salad with fish or shrimp depending what I crave with fruit. I eatgood portions but healthy and my dressing I don't use non fat I use reg that's wut doc said.I just want my bodyto get used to it so I can b back to normal. Its my first month that's why its still difficult for me.

And as for me I just choose not to eat. I drinked coffee because it will make me loose my appetite. I always had something to drink or ice coffee. And I like the results it happened right away where I lost weight. And I'm still same size in dresses small or 2. I think I'm mainting my weight just the bloating which is good rigjht.?

oh wow so you pretty much still don't eat much food just liquids, is that safe? Why do you fear gaining weight?, if your 5'9 and 137 you must be VERY thin. so are you recovering from anorexia or anemia? I have anorexia, had it for about 2 years. i have relapesed pretty bad about 4 times. how do you relaps? what happens to you? the bloating only lasted a couple of weeks for me i still get it now and then but nothing like before, its good that your not swollen from you legs that is showing improvement. iam back in recovery since two months ago i lost 5 pounds since my first post i relapsed and that's how i lost them so pretty much iam back in recovery since that day starting over, so how much weight do you want to loose now? are you currently staying in a hospital?

No I do eat but I when I had a ED that's wut I used to do ii would just drink coffee. But now I am in recovery for a month I am out patient but I'm in hospital from 9-5 I do eat now. I was eating a lot of fiber and it was bloating my stommcach bad so now I eat a fiberone ceral in morning and let go of the yogurt to a reg one!. I do have a fiberone bar but for lucnh. I kno I'm not the same cuz the blating in stomach so I'm just trying dor the bloating to go away and maintain my weight and get ripped!

dont want to sound dumb but whats ripped? so u are a recovering anorexic? that what am recovering from too. so does the fiber bars work for the bloating? i should give it a try. they should sell them at a local supermarket right? so since you lost so much weight what did u do with the excess skin? you do have loose skin dont u? i have some around my thighs and arms. not a pretty picture so do u go daily to the hosital? how long will that last? am doin my recovery from home going to the dr once a week i hate hospitals the scare me. so your goin to stay at 137? why dont you eat meats some meats are good for us. what can i do to get my iron back up cuz its extremly low i take daily iron medicne but they taste like c**p. please help!

Fiber is good it helps you digest your food good and maintain your weight. They have a brqand called fiberone its ceral the one that says 51% is good and they have the bars where the they got the nutrgrain bars. And oatmeal also called fiber one it also statisfys your hunger. Don't eat to much of it because before I ate the ceral yogurt and bar and it bloated my stomach bad but now its ok if u eat ceral and one of eaither yogurt or bar ull b fine. For iron beans are very good on iron so is red meat like steak umm....liver too. See and I'm the oppostite I'm low on protien I don't like meat. Question for you the other times you went on recovery did you get a little wider from hips to butt?? I mean its my first month eventually will I get back to normal?? Yeah I don't like hospitals nether I hate them but been there many times from anorexia. And yeah 137 is good for me I'm very thin and that because I'm very tall. Well see that's the weird thing I don't have that much excessive skin not even my tummy which is werid I do lil on arms but very very lilttle I worked out a lot and see I came down a lot I used to weight 255lbs. Like today I feel so sad becuz I see my self and I know I'm not like before but they say my hips butt is all norkmal and get all back but are they just saying that to make me at ease? Sux!!!!! Iwant to go back to my normal self my comfort zone to relapsrd but I'm not!!

what do you mean wider? are u gaining weight on your hips & butt? i dont think that happened to me dont be sad it happens your family is just trying to be supportive. so how long do u plan on going to the hospital? when you said ripped earlier what did u mean? im going to try those bars & see how it goes. what made u become anorexic are all your friends thin? thats what made it for me i was the biggest one of my peers. i use to binge do you know what that is, i use to eat whatever i wanted then i would throw it up later so noone suspected any because they would see me eating they just didnt know i was throwing it all up. what do you do when u relaps? does your dr think its a good idea for you to only eat liquids,fiber & salads? what is that doing for you? today i woke up & my face was so swollen & my legs too scary. what is normal to u? u want to go back to normal but wat ir normal for u? will u continue to only drink coffee & tea? wit my weight loss i hav no boobs now r u the same way?sucks for me i hate it

Hope your recovery is still going. hope you havent relapsed, cant say that for me. I relapsed once since my last post. Maybe this just isnt for me. being anorexic isnt that bad I rather be anorexic than fat and with low self esteem. I should just stick to what I know. Wish you the best of luck to you and other with the same problems.

I'm really sorry to hear that you were feeling down on yourself the last time that you posted. Are you still fighting against anorexia? If you're still around, I'd like to hear how you're doing. Please let me know if you're around. Thanks!

Yes im still strugling, i dont know what to do to loose weight, what workouts to do! any suggestions because i hate diets.

i just dont know what to do to loose weight i have tried everything. :'(