About six weeks ago, while driving from LA to Phoenix, I started to have a really hard time breathing. I stopped in a hospital and they diagnosed it as an asthma attack, which my doctor later thought was instead indigestion. Anyway, ever since then I have had a constant feeling dizzy-like feeling. It has no effect on my motor skills at all, but I just feel as if there's a cloud inside my head. More recently, anxiety has begun to come and go somewhat frequently, along with panic attacks at night. I had an MRI and EEG done, but apperently nothing has been found yet. Also, in the last few days I have had some pressure/pain in my lower left abdominal area. As soon as I got this I recalled I had the same feeling a couple days before the whole incident. I really have no idea if they're related or not. Also, I have started to have some headaches, sometimes in the sinus area, but at other times elsewhere. Could just be a result of the anxiety, I suppose. I feel like I'm in another world and it is really starting to be frustrating. I am a twenty-one year old male, by the way. On a side note, I was probably drinking a bit too much leading up to this, in case that might be of importance. Thanks for your time.

Tom

Anybody have a clue what it might be? Thanks.

Hi Tom,

You have described EXACTLY how I feel!

I have been a long term panic attack sufferer.. just over 10 years in fact. about 8 weeks ago I had a turn while driving.. I went dizzy and had to shake my head and pull over.

Since that day I have felt spaced out.. a kind of numb feeling like nothing is real.. almost like reality is drifting away!

I also suffer headaches.. migraine type sometimes.. lately if I drink I will get a very bad headache!

Like you say, this haziness is VERY frustrating.. and worrying. I can get on with my day but at night (when relaxing) I will get feelings of being very scared because I don't know what's going on.. I'm worried it will get worse!

Im still trying different things to get over it.. eye exam tomorrow then back to the doctors. I'm 31 and apart from perhaps loosing a couple of stone I think I'm pretty fit.. blood pressure, heart and lung capacity test all fine, About 10 weeks ago I lost 1 stone in 5 weeks.. I thought perhaps this might be the reason, loosing to much to quick?

Panic attacks were bad enough but I dealt with those... this is something else as its 24/7 :'(

Maybe some of the reasons below could be the cause?

Anxiety
Headache related
Vision
Sinus related.. blocked or something

Some of the things above can be caused by stress.. muscle tension at the back of the neck (so I have been told).

If anyone has any ideas or has had the same symptoms please let us know of what it could be and if you have overcome it.

Regards
Paul

hi there what your experiencing is dp or dr depersonalisation or derealisatiion a feeling like your numb or not really here like a ghost ask your dr about this. just a shame dr cant diagnose a illness comes to other sufferers to do it hope this helps

hey there...

Just letting you know that i have the EXACT same feeling. I have been feeling lightheaded, spaced out and "out of this world feeling" for over 3 months now. I haven't been able to go back to work because of this. Its like a cloud has come over my normal self and has not gone away. Im 26 year old male and was a binge alcohol drinker. I would drink every weekend at bars with my mates (this went on every weekend for 4 years). I also wonder if this has anything to do with how im feeling. The feeling just happened to me when i was driving home last Xmas eve from a cafe... It has not gone away since...

Since i have been feeling unwell i have also had indigestion problems including heartburn which i am taking medication for. I have been dealing with anxiety also due to this lightheadedness, out of this world feeling and i have lost alot of weight too.

Please email me so we can discuss these symptoms. It seems that you are suffering from very similar things as myself. I have been to doctors and specialists who cannot find an answer as of yet and its making me more anxious. Have had an MRI done and it was normal.

My email is ******

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I have been feeling the exact same way...a few months ago, I was in class and all of sudden felt like my body was just shutting down...as crazy as that sounds I was convinced I was having a heart attack and dying. I nearly passed out and went to a doctor right away. After they did an EKG and checked like a million things, they said everything was perfectly normal and that it was just an anxiety attack. But ever since then, I felt like my body is like in a cloud or hollow inside or something...it's hard to explain, but I constantly panic and think there is something seriously wrong with me. If anyone knows anymore about this, let me know...

I have these same symptoms, They started about a week ago. I feel ok at times when I am sittting or lying down, But lately even when Im sitting I have these same feelings. I beginning to think I am going crazy. Some one help me please,

hello everyone,

I too have had this feeling of unreality, kind of like being buzzed all of the time. First thing to know is that this feeling only exists because of anxiety, which may seem soo harmful but it really isn't. The good news is that when you get rid of your anxiety, the spaced out feeling will go away. I recomend drinking plenty of water, sleeping more and excercising.

An update

I totally forgot about posting this here, just saw it again. Anyway, I went and got every test in the book and ended up being "fine." I turned to alcohol for a while. It helped with the feeling at the time but toward the end the hangovers would last up to two days. I felt more like I was tripping than being hungover. Anyway, like posted above, I finally found out about the derealization thing. Because it all started a few weeks after a month long drinking and drug binge in Europe, I decided that's probably what caused it. Apparently just a little pot can trigger this in people.

Well, I decided to finally go see a shrink and asked for Klonopin(a lot of people with this condition seem to do well with it.) I've been on it for 5 weeks and while I can't say I'm even close to being cured, and I've accepted I probably never will be, I feel quite a bit better. I still feel the anxiety, but really have no real panic attacks like I was having. I force myself to say "f*** it" and just live life. Besides trying something like Klonopin, that's all I can suggest.

Also, I've gotten the "I'm going crazy" thoughts quite a bit since this started almost 9 months and still do. You just have to tell yourself you're not and move on. If you were going crazy you wouldn't realize it, just tell yourself that. I find the more I distract myself, the better I feel. During any kind of social interaction I totally forget about anything being "wrong" with me. The less you think about it, the better off you'll be.

-Tom

my dizziness started a year ago 24/7 and I still dizzy. I take klonopin as well but it does not work neither does any of the anti anxiety drugs

Even when I sit I am dizzy

Sometimes it is better if you just go out with someone (because I cant drive like this) and forget about it and a lot of the time it usually works for me

If anyone here found an answer or cure to our problems please post it and if I ever do i will do the same

Portia

just happened to stumble onto this site while trying to see if anyone else knows what i'm experiencing....i just had my 3d anxiety attack...for no reason that i can think of...probably due to my chronic insomnia and fatigue

in any case, i just wanted to share that i too had a sensation of feeling buzzed for several weeks (about a month) afther the first two attacks.

the only thing that helped me get through it was prayer. Seriously.
i just kept my mind occupied with work and other stuff and just prayed a lot - felt perfectly fine after a few weeks.

I just had another "mini" attack and have a slight buzzed sensation again - been doing a lot of reading and it seems like potassium rich foods and apple cider vinegar might help. That and prayer!

As much as it sucks, I'm somewhat relieved that I'm not the only one going through this -

Take care and God bless.

In my opinion, what you have is the beginning side effect of paranoia and mild psychosis from smoking marijuana.

i have the same feeling after getting drunk 3 days ago i have been dizzy ever sense if feels like i cant think strait and i cant remember small things like what i had for lunch and it is hard for me to things that i could read before this started happening and i always feel dizzy but when i am getting ready for bed i feel normal

i dont know if this is cuz i still have not had time for the alcohol out of my system but i hope this gose away i can help but feel like i am going crazy

I am alsom suffering from a very heavy case of dizzyness and it started almost instantly when I started my new med-seraquel.Thank god for this website cuz its like telling a wall when u try to explain this to people who dont experience these awful and life stopping feelings.I have to literally prep myself and talk myself thru the entire drive when I have to go anywhere.I hate driving now cuz I really dont feel like Im even her most of the time and here the cops are worried about drunk drivers!This is way harder to do and its scary!I dont drink and drive anymore cuz in 1997 I got popped and that was a waste of money especially for this stupid ass common wealth state!Like they need anymore money-as I was saying this feeling I have had since I popped my first dose has been a crippling experience.Ive never cried so much in a long time and im always dizzy and look forward to sleeping now so I dont have to feel that anymore.On top of all that Im experiencing twitches in mostly my face and my lips stay numb and I cant concentrate on anything 4 more than 5 minutes and all I want is to be happy and be able to function like a normal person-whatever that may be.Maybe i need to go tie on a good drunk nite so at least the people around me are feeling the same cuz i swear this drug feels like Im stoned to the core and drunk on top of it!Way to go doc u gave me a med that makes me go back to the way I felt every day a few years ago when I stayed intxicated,but whats missing is the feel good sensation.Im not feeling at all like I am even here.Welcome to insanity! %-) :'(

I disagree. I think that when a dr. does not know what is wrong it is immediatly anxiety. I had a fall and hurt my tail bone and later developed bad vision, low back pain and extreme panic attacks. All blood work is A - OK but I feel like garbage. Told by one doctor I have a hiatal hernia pressing on my vegus nerve in my stomach which is causing all of my symptoms. Is that even possible? I was extremelly well balanced and healthy and now don't know what is Right with my body.
I don't believe that anxiety stems from your head but from an undiagnosed problem in the body.