I have been recently experiencing an odd tingling sensation at the top of my clitoris similar to the beginnings of an orgasm. I can feel the same weakness in my legs and the sort of 'lightness' feeling you get all over.
It's the type of tingling that if you climax during masturbation would afterwards go away but it isn't! No matter what I do - baths, creams & even touching myself - it just will not go away. It's extremely irritating as I find it hard to concentrate & also relaxing in order to sleep is tricky.

I am not on my period and I am a virgin so it's not something caused by somebody else.
Its been happening for the last few days and I'm at a complete loss at what to do. All I know is is that isn't normal or I imagine very common....

Please help?!?

Hard to say if its only been happing for a short while. Are you taking any medications?

You might want to do a google search for "Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome".

I'm not taking any medications at all.

I've done a quick search for PSAS and it sounds scarily familiar.
And after reading a few articles I'm starting to panic a little. It sounds uncommon, unbearable and hard to treat, if I really do have this then I don't know how I'll cope. I would normally tell my mum if anything is wrong with me but this is extremely embarrassing, how am I too tell anyone?
It came on so suddenly, will it never go away??

Could thrush cream have caused it? When I have my period I sometimes get quite sore and so use some thrush cream to help. It does help but perhaps using thrush cream when you don't have thrush isn't particularly a wise thing to do...?

I also can't find any lists of symptoms for PSAS.

Anything but this. :'(

P.S. I'm only 19 :-(

I'm not familiar with thrush cream or any of its possible side effects but I'd avoid any topical medications and see if the feelings subside.

I'm not sure if there are any common physical symptoms related to PSAS and from the little I've read it seems to affect everyone in slightly different ways. Sorry I don't have any more specific information to help, hopefully whatever is causing it will resolve itself soon.

This is absolutely crazy. I came on the internet specially looking for some information on Poppy82's exact subject. I too am experiencing the exact same thing. I have absolutely no idea why it started for me either. I kind of thought it may be from using a vibrator some times. I stopped using it because I really felt that the type of orgasm it gave was the same thing I was feeling. This girl could not have described what I am experiencing any better. I am going to continue searching until I find some more information.

im having the exact same problem! its a tingling, sort of itchy sensaion.. iv never orgasmed so i dont know if its the same feeling before it or not....

But im extremely worried, if any of you find any information pls post it, would be alot of help!

.. cos im not sure what it is.. its been happening for a week.. randomly coming and going.. a week before this has been happening my bf was rough with my clit .. extremely rough, it didnt rly hurt after he stopped, but ever since then iv been getting that tingling sensation...

and it IS extremely hard to sleep.. in fact it woke me up at 5am.. and couldnt get back to sleep untill the tingling stopped.. :-(

I Need Help!!!!!!! I'll be 20 yrs old on feb 1rst but I have been having this problem since I was in daycare Ive been to the doctors but they keep trying to treat me for U.T.I.'s but it never helps. I have have a constant tingling feeling kinda like I gotta go pee but I dont I dont have burning or nuthing Just that constant tingling. Does anybody know what it is please help I payed $148.00 last week on some new meds a doctor just gave me and its not working. If any boddy has sufferd threw this or can help please let me know my e-mail is Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg it's so nice to see I'm not the only one going through this, it's driving me crazy! I feel like I have to urinate but that's not it. It's even waking me up in the very early a.m. It's like a tingling/aching type of pressure or like the feeling of scratching an itch. I just can't explain it but I don't like it.

When this happens to me, I put a small amount of ice wrapped in a tissue, for a few minutes, on my clitoris and the tingling usually goes away. I know another person who has herpes and her tingling happens when she is ready to have an outbreak. She takes acyclovir, prescribed by a Dr., and the tingling goes away and she doesn't have the pimple that is her outbreak. Good luck. Frequent orgasms with vibrator use caused my tingling I feel. I had to throw it away. It is a maddening feeling. Ice really helps. Spread it all around the area.

Sweetie :-)

Did we find a solution to this problem?? :-(

Hi everyone! I'm currently experiencing a sore-feeling, tingling & somewhat itchy clitoris and it's definitely a direct result of too much action. I've felt this before & it's def not a UTI - there's no shooting pain like razorblades. If I masturbate too often, or in this case, had somewhat rough oral sex, that'll do it. I've researched this in the past & found that nerve damage & trauma is a direct result & can't always fix itself. Time has healed for me, but it still happens on occasion & I'm now 31, been happening for years. It's annoying but I find that some cold water on a compress or an ice pack over your underwear helps temporarily to deal. I can't say it's kept me up at night, but I will agree that keeping the area clean of white patches, (that I've read can harden & cause pain), is very important. Hope that helps. Feel better everybody!

Hay I've got this to, I'm 15 years old, I've talled my mum she says it's all in my head but I know it's not, I've even when to see the doctor but she said I was fine and nothing's worng, plz sameone hlep me, I'm sacred

It's a tingling feeling around your clitoris, It makes you want to pee but there's not pain or burning, it's a little itchy to, I can ignore it during the day but at night it's so hard to sleep, it keeps me up untill 3 in the moring samtime I'm up all night............I've had it for alomost 2 mouths now, it feels like you legs are pressed together hard

Hm, I hate to say it, but when it comes to your health, you've got to trust your instincts, even if it means going against your mom sometimes. She doesn't feel what's happening to you, and if she doesn't believe you, that doesn't mean nothing is wrong. I will say, odds are you have some nerve damage, possibly from frequent sexual activity? but that should take care of itself on it's own, in time. If it persists & doesn't get better at ALL, try to make an appointment at a clinic to get some answers. Good luck & don't ignore your health!

The same thing has been happening to me lately.. i kept thinking i had some kind of bladder infection.. i don't get action alot.. and having in a long time and this started happening out of nowhere for the past week or so.. :/ so bad that its been waking me up at night and giving me anxiety attacks.. it just wont stop. i'm going to the doctor for it this week.. (sucks that its an embarressing problem) i'm just glad i'm not alone.. i really hope theres a way to treat it and make it go away for good :( it has my entire body almost aching.. and its downright annoying.