Hi I am a 20 year old male, for about a week now, I have been having a essentially constant pain around my anal area. It hurts somewhat to have bowel movements, but it is not unbearable and there is no blood which led me to believe it is not an Anal fissure. From checking myself, I could not find any lumps or anything around my anus and have had no pus or discharge. There is a jolt of shooting pain during a cough or sneeze and a lingering throbbing feeling afterwards. Sitting or lying down on the area causes a dull achy pain, I've had to sleep on my side to keep the pain subsided. It hurts to push on just one side of my anus, and it feels like there is a buildup of pressure or something in there. I had a little bit of burning and pinching in the area two days ago, but those symptoms have for the most part subsided. I recently experienced for the first time some minor chills, which is making me think that it may be an anorectal abscess, but I am not positive. Any advice from people that have gone through the same thing or something simliar? I am prepared to see a doctor if necessary but would like to try and diagnose the issue first on the chance that it is benign and a trip to the doctor is not necessary. 

I also have had this pain that will not go away.  I have seen the colorectal surgeon 6 times and a urologist 4 times.  They can never find anything and tell me its a muscle spasm.  It makes me anxious.  Have you found anything out with yours?

Have you resolved this I am experiencing the same symptoms

i also have this pain