Hi, recently I caught a cold. Recovering has been going on just fine except for one thing. From time to time I get coughing attacks that I can not control. It shortness my breath and causes me to vomit. Great nasal drip is also present. After vomiting, the cough withdraws. Soon after, my breathing is also normalized. I have not been to the doctor yet. What do you think is happening to me?

Hi, it seams that the cold you are experiencing has produced some sort of post nasal drip. This condition means that the drainage from the nose and sinuses is dripping down the back of your throat. The reason for this is probably an inflammation of the sinuses that occurred with your cold. Post nasal drip can cause cough in such measures that it turns into vomiting and shortness of breath since throat and lungs are affected by it. Nasal wash might help. Anyway, I suggest you see a doctor. All the tests he will perform will give a proper diagnosis and with it the right course of treatment will be prescribed.