Hi, for some time now I have been experiencing post nasal drip. The thing is I am getting really bad feeling in the nose. Whenever I blow it, there is this bad smell coming out of it and it really bothers me. Every time that happens I have to do a nasal wash. Can you tell me something about this bad odor from my nose?

Hi, post nasal drip is a drainage dripping down the back of the throat. The drainage comes from the nose or the sinuses. Since you are experiencing bad odor from the nose, I assume your drainage is caused by the inflammation in the sinuses. This inflammation can be present for a long time after a cold. It causes the collection of mucus in the nose and sinuses. After some time the mucus can smell very bad. The nasal wash is what I suggest you to continue doing. If the bad odor from the nose continues, I advise you to see a doctor and talk to him about this problem that you are having.