i am a 57 yr. old female in generally good health. about 2 months ago i had a sore throat and cough whick i took antibiotics and was felling better. shortly after it went to my head and sinuses and ears. took antibiotics again and was better head clear but was left with the feeling of phlem stuck in the back of my throat which will not come up. i have no cough and it does not keep me up at night when i lay down. the neck pain running up to my ear is there now and than, so i don't know if it is muscular. i take advil and that seems to help. when i turn my neck to one side it feels stiff.
i am nervous that this is something serious, i have never had something like this before.
thank you

sorry so many posts is my first time here and i was getting message i was not registered.

Hello there! Have you been checked for meningitis? My child had a lot of problems with the neck pain and stiffness when she suffered from bacterial meningitis. Prior to meningitis, she had a very severe ear infection and her doctor told us that it is quite possible that bacteria spread directly from ear infection but that it also happens if a person suffered from sinusitis.
Other causes of head and neck pain are migraines, dental problems, allergies and strains, so I reckon you should let a doctor have a look.

As for the mucus, what I find to help with mucus is drinking a lot of clear fluids. Cut down on caffeinated drinks. Avoid all milk products as I’ve noticed they only thicken the mucus or drink milk products that have less fat.
Clear fluid help with thinning the mucus so that it could move more easily. Every time I feel mucus I just start drinking a lot of water. Hope this was helpful a little bit!

Hi there, I have the same exact symptoms! It's driving me crazy as well - I actually have a doctor appoint tomorrow and will post what I learn! Hang in there! I believe it's allergies because I have a lot of post nasal drip. I will keep you posted.