I am planing to have hammer toe surgery about a week or so . I am already out on disabilty for eye surgey that was not expected. Every one tells me have the foot surgery (even the Drs. )I am a banker and I am going to try to go back to work about 2 weeks after the surgery . Do you think it is passible ?

Hi there, hammertoe surgery usually requires a recovery period of anywhere from one to two months. I think that you should talk to your doctor and your employer about what work you can do while you're recovering. What do you think? Also, if you register, it's easier for us to keep the conversation up because they send you notification emails. Could you try that?

Good evening!!! No, I suggest not having the surgery until you have at least three months to devote to recovery. Everyone's recovery period is totally different. I had a buniectomy and hammertoe surgery on my right foot on August 17, 2010, and I am still off work. I am supposed to be going back to work in two weeks, but I've been told that numerous times. I also had the K-wires sticking out of my toes and I just had them removed Thursday and that was my 7th week post-op. I was told they would be out 4 weeks post-op. My doctor said since I was still moderately active on my foot, he had to delay it or my toes would threaten going back the same way before surgery. I am told that I would be in this boot another two weeks and then I can only wear gym shoes or shoes that lace up for so long. It is a very long process and it is physically and emotionally exhausting. I was told not to drive until I had the wires taken out, but I learned to drive with them in. I started doing alot of things before it was time for me to do it. I am still young and I gotta stay active. I even started exercises with my foot toe at 3 to 4 weeks post-op.