I need some good advice about my current condition. I don’t know what could it be but lately I have trouble sleeping for the sharp pain that wakes me up in the middle of the night. It’s such a sharp pain I feel directly into my wrist going through whole my left arm. I remember injuring the same arm but it was 10 months ago and wonder now if this pain and numbness in my wrist may have been caused by this injure. I really need some urgent advice for I have trouble sleeping with this pain and tingling.

Hi there. I had the exact same symptoms you described. This numbness sharp pain and tingling it is so obvious you have carpal tunnel syndrome whose symptoms usually gets worse by the night which is your case, isn’t it- you have trouble sleeping for those symptoms. And this injure you have mentioned is the main factor I would say for this CTS you probably have right now. It’s that you’ve damaged your medial nerve that controls your fingers except the little one (this one is controlled by ulnar nerve) and it controls the moves of your wrist as well as the palm. So my advice to you is to go visit a doc he’ll tell you about the CTS treatment available- you’ve got two treatment options non-surgical and surgical. My advice is surgical treatment –it’s not terrible experience it‘ll help your numbness and pain go away with a great chances for full recovery. And there’re some alternative treatments such as acupuncture and even yoga. I don’t know, discuss it with your doc and he’ll know the best what’s good for you. And remember by doing some physical exercises after the surgery is done will do well for you.