I am diagnosed with cpt and I thought that this is nerve problem. I’m scheduled for cpt surgery next Wednesday and I thought for this is nerve problem I would go to neurology department but instead the surgery will be performed by an orthopedics surgeon. Why is it so for I’ve heard that cpt is actually nerve problem? Is any one to help me on this? Thx.

I don’t know what this cpt is but I know what CTS is –carpal tunnel syndrome. Are you sure you spelled it correctly? Anyway this CTS may cause nerve problem for this carpal tunnel is actually an area in the lower part of our hand (somewhere around the wrist) where the medium nerve and tendons are located. So actually they have pretty small room for themselves in there and may be easily injured or squeezed. And when this medium nerve is pressed or squeezed you have this nerve problem that’s correct, but anyway for the surgery you go to orthopedics surgeon who is hand surgeon specialist for this CTS has something to do also with this little small bones in our hands and with fingers and ligaments and tendons. And the CTS surgery may help you relief this pressed nerve by also making some more room for him so it cannot be that much easy to hurt. At least that’ what I did I got solved this “cpt”/ nerve problem I had by having an orthopedics surgery.