I AM A TWENTY FOUR YEAR OLD FEMALE.
I DON'T SMOKE AND OCCASIONALLY DRINK AT THE WEEKENDS.
EVERY MORNING FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A PHLEMY COUGH AND FOR THE LAST THREE WEEKS A SORE THROAT.
THE COUGH LAST FOR ABOUT FIVE TO TEN MINUTES THEN ITS OK.
HOPE YOU CAN HELP.

Look, you need to have that cough checked. It could be a chronic bronchitis or even an allergy, so it would be good if you checked that and see what it was all about. Have you already seen a doc?

Bronchitis causes cough in order to clear the air passages. Inflammation causes irritation of the air passages, they produce mucus and cough is to clear the passages and is one of the most common symptoms of bronchitis.

However, there could be other reasons of cough and none of them can be determined over internet. It also sounds like smoker’s cough but you already said you’re not smoking…..however, second hand smoke is also dangerous.

If they don’t find anything on your lungs, you may suggest to check for a food allergy. You could be allergic to diary products for example. Most of these reactions occur if your immune system is weak and you are allergic to certain foods. You will probably be able to consume these foods when you build up your immune system again.