i have had a sore chest accompanied by coughing, it is not producing any phlegm, but my breathing sounds terrible, i do not have nasal conjestion but my muscles ache and have been breaking out in sweats. my throat is very sore also, what could this be?

This sounds like an upper respiratory infection, bronchitis, or another respiratory illness. If it lasts for more than a week, see a doctor.

get tested for the flu :-(

I had similar problem few years ago. I was chilly all the time, and small coughs but nothing in my nose or throat. The only thing wrong with my throat were tonsils. Tonsils were swollen and I had hard time swallowing. I couldn’t get myself warm no matter how much clothes or blankets I had on me. I tried to boost my immune system as much as I can, so I had vitamin C and lots of tea. And to be honest I was good after few days.
Are you taking any medication right now? Are you planning to visit the doctor? How long are you having this problem? Do you have any headache?
Good luck,
Danella