Every morning I woke up with flem in throat. It’s usually green or brown, and started about month ago. I feel like I have to get it out because it does irritate my throat for a couple of hours. I am 20 years old female and I never smoke. Only problem that I have is allergy of sinus but it wasn’t serious lately. Did anyone have same problem and how to vanish this flem in throat?

This is the first time I have tried to search for help online and then I saw this page. I also have that problem. I had a bad cold and it is gone but now I get a flem throat every morning. There is so much flem that it hurts me to swallow it. I have to clear my throat constantly especially if I am talking. I don’t smoke too but I am around a lot of 2nd hand smoke and I am not allergic to anything. I heard this flem throat may be due to postnasal drip, or maybe sinusitis. That would be inflammation of mucous in sinus cavities. It can be due to allergy, an infection or constantly exposure to an irritant, such as pollution or smoke are. Symptoms can include headache or pressure in the area of the sinuses. Stuffy nose, achy teeth, cough, sore throat, constant low fever and thick, yellow to green nasal drainage too. For identifying sinusitis CT of the sinuses is the best way. You should anyway see your doctor, as I will, to found out what causes flem throat with you.

this is in reference to 2 post, i constantly have phelm and coughing, the coughing is a little better not so violet hacking,i been on sprays and pills and bought a humidifier which help a little, i have ct scans and a few doctors throat and nose, one doctor tol me well when you get older your mucas thicken ups and when you go to a nusing home thats all you hear,well im 60 not to old but i wasn't happy. i'll continue to look for another dr. because this is not normal. The other post was about dry throat closing up, i also have that
sometimes it gets bad either tension or nerves when i am in a situation,i also have acid reflux, but i have had this for about 4 years and my friend mentioned to me that i have this she thinks since i have been on fosamax, thats when these started happening. I also seen on TV a commericial for a lawyer there were 4 medicines and 1 was fosamax to call if you been taking it, I haven't called yet but i hope to soon

edited by moderator**emails not allowed

I also have the mucus in the throat when i wake up and it gets so annoying i have to try to get it up. I had went to a doctor and he gave me medicine i took it and it did nothing for me this had jus started maybe a few months ago i am around smoke sometimes. Sometimes i get tightness in my chest and i get worried cause this has never happen to me before. When i went to the doctor i was told that i pulled a muscle in my chest from tryin to get the flem up. What medicines did ya take if you dont mind me asking? Im gonna have to go back to the doctor cause i cant take it anymore. I thought maybe it was from milk products but im not sure now i thought i was the only one with this problem. When i went to the doc he told me it was bronitis but im not sure what it is now.

Does it by any chance feel as if its in the bit where your nose joins your mouth? When i get really annoying phlegm that's where it is and i have to sniff to get it to go and sometimes that actually makes it worse. The doctor looked down my throat and said there was nothing there but when it happens I can even taste it so it's obviously there.

I am 38, mother of 2, from Cameroon.
Went to see an ORL ; he opted operation which I did;
It even worsened things.
suffering same
am tired
feel like this is the end of the world
what is this? Even doctors cant identify this
At times I ask is this is how am going to spend the rest of my life

But what I do is that , ginger helps me a bit
Also, there is this herb that helps to dry the troat for a week but after itcomes
dont know what next to do.