can utis if untreated cause swollen lymph nodes
i been tested and my girl has all negatives but she had a uti..she got treated and is ok but i got havent been treated and have swollen lymph nodes in my neck

Yes, I think you can get swollen lymph nodes because of a uti. I had a uti for a long time before it was treated, and got swollen lymph nodes on my neck. The doctor said it was from my uti, so I took my antibiotics, and most of the lymph nodes stopped being swollen. So don't worry!!

Swollen lymph nodes are usually sign that your body is fighting against some kind of infection (such as UTI) and you need to either help your body in this fight or to do nothing that will increase amount of the stress. You can simply consult your doctor and start with antibiotics but have in mind that taking antibiotics too often can have serious consequences.

Also try to increase fluids intake and especially fluids such as orange juice which contains vitamin C and avoid alcohol and beverages containing caffeine (such as energy drinks).

If your lymph nodes get swollen even more and tender and painful than you should contact your doctor immediately. I hope this was helpful and that you are going to resolve your problem soon.

I know this is outdated... but the acid from orange juice would only irritate the urinary tract even more. Only drinking water is the best bet. The more water you drink, the more you will need to urinate; the more you urinate the better your body can flush out bacteria causing UTI. Take a visit to the doc to get antibiotics and follow the directions for taking them.

Actually it is now recommended to drink orange juice and take Vitamin c because the acidity will kill the bacteria faster.

Hello, m doctor told me that the swollen lymph nodes in my neck are not caused by my uti, so i have a uti and swollen lymph nodes in my neck.are you saying this could be caused by my uti?

Do you get any answer why you have lymph node in neck?