Hi, my mother is suffering from depression for two last years since her sister died from cancer. She is 52 years old and too young to live the way she is living now. She is not interested about anything, very quiet and always in the bad mood. Several days ago she complained about some heart problems so I would like to know if it may be connected with depression.

Hi, direct connection between depression and heart disorders is not officially confirmed. However anxiety and fear, same as depression may cause some manifestations like heart arrhythmias. Anyway it would be the best that your mother consult her doctor about these heart problems and depression too. I wish you a luck.

Celebrity
I agree that it would be good to have her get her heart checked out and also treat her underlying depression. I would recommend CBT as the best therapy for anxiety and depression.