I know that everyone here think that I am lazy but I am just depressed and I was depressed before. I feel into a dark pit of self-loathing...and apparently it is nothing more than a vicious cycle. I tried to find another way let things out, writing and drawing. I know I look to them like lazy neglected person, but I don’t have straight for anything. And there is constantly a familiar pain in my chest that I always felt when in the darkness of depression.

I am sorry you are feeling like this, but writing here is a step. I think you should tell people that you are not lazy that you have problem and that you need help. You need to seek treatment! Can you talk to your parents or someone else you trust about your thoughts? I was in depression, but thank god I am not anymore. That was very dark part of my life. But I succeed with support.

I NO WOT UR SAYIN I USED TO JUS SIT THERE N STARE INTO SPACE I HARDLY DID ANYTHING I WOULD CRY FOR NO REASON OR SHOUT I DIDNT NO WHY I FELT LIKE THAT I STILL DONT NO NOW I NEVER TOLD ANYONE FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHES I WANTED TO DEAL WITH IT MYSELF I THOUGHT PPL WOULD THINK IM STUPID IN THE END I STARTED CUTTIN MYSELF N I TOOK N OVERDOSE BUT DIDNT HAV TO GO TO HSPTL SO THEY STIL DIDNT NO UNTIL MUM SAW CUTS ON MY ARMS IT GOT EASYIER WEN I TALKED BOUT IT.LOOKIN BACK THE CUTTIN N OVERDOSE WAS A CRY FOR HELP N I GOT OVER IT.
IF U TALK 2 SOMEONE IT WILL MAKE IT EASYIER PROMISE

Celebrity
Have you tried cbt? It has changed my life dramatically more than I ever thought anything could this year. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz (tao3.com) and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. Take care and know you can get better if you learn to think more objectively about your self through the cbt exercises and your self esteem will return. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving today. Hang in there and let me know how you are doing.

Celebrity
did you give cbt a try yet rori?

I promise you this, the answer to this situation is much easier than you think. But if you keep looking outside yourself to find it, you never will. You need to learn to quiet yourself down and learn to let go of your resentments towards the world around you. Unless you have some medical ailment (for which you need a doctor), these pains in your chest, etc. will go away if you do as I suggest, I promise.

I would also suggest that you give cbt a try. It requires dedication in doing the exercises but if you do them they will surely help reduce your anxiety. The tea form thought countering exercise in the book by obitz is really simple and you can do them anywhere with a pen and paper and get out of your head.

what exactly is cbt ???

for bout a week i ve felt upset and SAD im not normaly like this so did not not know y ive been ill so fort that was it but its not!!!!!!!!!
i dont fell like i want to die but fell down in the dumps if anyone fells like this can there help me !!!!!!!!!!!! i fell just like crying all the time but my mum thinks that something @ school is upsetting me but there is note i wonder if im not depressed but i think iam so my mum is takeing me to the dr's but i think that he will think i am nuts i think it will help i i speak to mates bout it but there probley think i am nuts i even think i am.so who can i help my self you sorted your self out so who CAN i please hep me... i love my family so much but im getting nasty and upsetting them i need to help my self please help me

kieran 13

Celebrity
stinkmo wrote:

what exactly is cbt ???

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. If you have anxiety or depression problems it works really well for them.

Cbt helps you attack the causes of anxiety and depression. I am having success with it.

Just curiouse, do you have feeling of unreality, like a feeling that your looking through an old pair of glasses, or like constantly buzzed?

Celebrity
I never really had those sensations other than when I was in the midst of a panic attack.

OK, anyone who has Depression Problems i found one cure.. and it cure most mental problems

ROCK MUSIC.. well like.. punk, emo, electronic, whatever! i listen to it all, ontop of everything else... musics great..

get some songs that mean something to you..

Linkin parks a great band (with songs like "crawling" and "somewhere i belong") they can really get those inner feelings out of you..

trust me.. i mean if ur a chav and you hate rockers, ur just ignorant!.

YOU DONT KNOW, TILL YOU TRIED IT!!!

MUSIC!! : the answer to all of lifes problems..

.......i sound like a cheesy advertizement.... O.o.... thats annoying...

....really tho... music is the easy way around the problem..

.....and then forget your worries....you dont need em once u got music....