Hi I am 16 and I have been having pain in my pelvic area it's always hurts around the time I'm supposed to start my period. Some times it even hurts in my lower abdomin and it hurts so bad I can barely breathe or move. I talked to my parents and they said nothing was wrong but I talked to some friends parents and they said I could have endometriosis or It could be my apendix. Someone help me what do you think it is? I'm tired of hurting!

I Hope You Feel Better!!

If you are still experiencing pain prior to your period, I recommend talking to your parents again. I was 16 when I was finally diagnosed with Endometriosis. (i'm 40 now) I know the pain can be unbearable at times. I personally dont think it's your appendix, but you should have a blood test to rule it out just to be sure. Getting the diagnosis for Endometriosis is a little more involved. If you haven't seen a gynecologist yet, you will need to. They will probable need to do a laparoscopy("scope") to get a good look at all of your reproductive organs. If they do find anything, chances are they will recommend putting you on hormone therapy(birth-control). It is a pretty simple procedure and not a lot of pain, and once the hormone levels get to where they need to be, the pain is reduced dramatically of not all together. I hope this helps, and you get feeling better!

ok thank you so much that helps a lot. ill talk to my parents again thanks!