Hi, sometimes I bleed between my periods, and it really freaks me out! Beside that, I have very strong pain and cramps during the ovulation. I am afraid this could be endometriosis, because my mother had it, and as I know, it is a genetic disease. However, I’m still hoping it is just a hormone problem. Does anyone know what could be causing these symptoms?

Hi, three years ago, I had abdominal, intestinal and after sex pain. I thought it was just a hormone problem, so I kept delaying going to a doctor. When I finally realized something was really wrong, and when I went to a hospital, they told me I had to take out my womb. A tissue that lines the uterus grew outside in other areas. They said that I had endometriosis, and I needed a hysterectomy. If I asked for help earlier, maybe I could treat it with the hormones. If you’re not shore whether you have hormone problem or endometriosis, you have to ask your doctor as soon as possible. Learn from my mistake! Of course, it would be better if you had just a little hormone problem instead of endometriosis.

Hi shaver,
I am 25 y/o & last year I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I had no idea that I had it, until my 1st laparoscopy.
I have probably had endo since I was 14 y/o due to heavy bleeding at that age.
I think you should go see a dr. Don't put it off. If your mother has endometriosis, you may have it as well.
With my periods I have always had really bad pain. My mother had a lot of pain with her periods, so I assume that I got my endometriosis from my mother.
I really wish I knew I had endo much earlier than I did. A couple years ago I kept complaining of bleeding (this was from a depo shot). I also had stomach pain.
I've had 2 laparoscopies & 1 laparotomy done due to ovarian cysts. I have had half of my left tube removed & half my left ovary removed; I believe from endometriosis. I also get ovarian cysts (I think a symptom of endo).