I recently thought I had an UTI one night, I was in severe pain with very bad cramping, lower back pain and burning and the urge to urinate. I noticed after one wipe that there was this snot-like substance with a strand of blood on he toliet paper. Later that evening I saw it again. The next morning, I still had cramps but it wasn't anything compared to the other night. I started drinking cranberry juice and lots of water. Now, one week later, I have terrible pain in my lower back/ab area and really bad crampage. Could this be a kidney stone? Or was I correct thinking it was an UTI? I do not have health insurance and I'm a poor college student and I'm trying to figure out what it could be on my own to try home remedies. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

DO NOT wait to go to the doctor. A bladder infection can get really bad if you leave it be. You will be hospitalized if you wait to long. You can go to CVS or Walgreens and get AZO UTI strips that are supposed to tell you if you have a UTI. I have never had stringy stuff come out of my UT though.

In the future if you feel like you have a UTI, the cranberry works great. I have actually gotten rid of one like that. But, I discovered AZO tabs that help with the pain until you can get to a doctor.

Good luck and please find somewhere to go, try a free health clinic or the on campus clinic.

Gall stones can appear in younger healther people too, I'm 22 and I started getting the servere pains in my back and abdominal when I was 17, it cam on at random, may go away for 6 months or 2 months, and it will come back with no warning when I swear Im well. I eat well, exercise and am a healthy weight. It took the doctors 5 years of sending me home with painkillers (they think I'm crazy).

Poor college student, thats unfortunate, hope america gives you guys free health care. Australia does, no home remedy will get rid of gall stones, they are solid... just like a rock