OK, My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 18th of January. She had been off her period since New Years or so. She got her first depo shot ever on the 15th or something like that. It was the Thursday before the 18th I believe. We have since had several pregnancy tests. She has passed several, and as early as the week before last, and all have came back negative. So, do you think we are ok? She hasn't had a period since the New Years one; her doctor said she probably wont have one because of the shot she had gotten. He/she(idk what one it is I never seen the doctor, that's beside the point), anyhow said that the shot was effective immediately but when I read online its like 7-10 days before you are safe. So anyhow my question to you guys is are we safe? Do you think I should be worrying like I am about this? Should I stop giving her a test every weekend or so? Like idk. When can I say officially that she isn't pregnant? I've been told the chances are extremely slim that she is because of the shot. So what do you guys think? Any ideas if I should be worried and what are the chances that she is pregnant?

Thank you.

Hi honey! So I read several sites, there is the typical way - getting the injection within 5 days of the beginning of her period - THIS Works IMMEDIATELY! Then there is the Quick, they say to wear a condom for 7 days! That is the given for most of the sites! She was given her shot on the 14th so you are on the cusp at the 18th! Usually women ovulate 14 days after the beginning of her period! So I THINK you should be OK! And this would be PLENTY of time to show a positive result! As if you wait about 21 days after unprotected sex, this will give the best reading of the HCG levels! So relax! I ALWAYS advise boys - including my own - to ALWAYS wear a condom anyway! As there is till 1% chance that she can get pregnant! So wearing a condom will TOTALLY make this a mute point! Good luck and health!

So should I have her take another test, and if so when? Also, when did she ovalate? Does she still ovalate on that shot or since then?

I know about the condom, it was probably the stupidest thing I have ever did. I have a hard time getting them as my family is real strict on the no sex before marriage thing so I have to be careful where i can them cause they know everyone, and I have to hide them so its like a huge chore all the time although its nothing compared to coming home saying I'm going to be a dad.

its been over 24 hours I think... so bump.

Hi honey! What does the bump thing mean?

Regarding the ovulation, she wouldn't IF the Dep had taken affect! BUT she would if it hadn't! She was on the cusp! Most women ovulate 14 days after the first day of her period! It can change from month to month! So like I said I think she is fine! The test would have DEFINITELY shown by now!

|And you are TOTALLY right about taking precausions! We recently found a condom in my sons room!!! o.O So Our first thought was "At least he's using his brain!" I didn't want to take it too much further! So parents - regardless how stricked or religious - are aware that teenagers have sex! And as a parent I would rather know that my son is covered and not a father right now!

She is taking one Sunday(the 28th), which is tomorrow, so we shall see how it goes :-)... wish me luck. Its my last 2 bucks lol, so I'm hoping and preying to GOD that it comebacks negative but like you had said and I'm going by what you said about it should have definitely been showing up... It seems though some girls dont show up till 12 weeks, but I guess thats rare. Wish me all the luck... If she would be pregnant how would abortion work if we didn't have the money? Would they do it for free or something since shes 15? Any ideas?

Fingers crossed for sure! I am pretty sure you guys are fine!!

NOW IF it isn't I want you both to really think about the next step OK? Don't automatically jump into an abortion mode! Half the world would not be here if it wasn't for teenage or OOPS pregnancies! So don't go there OK! Untill you guys have discussed it etc.

As a mother of 2 teenage boys we have talked to them A LOT about "what Ifs!" And we have said the following "We would be VERY upset that you were SO stupid and we would be TOTALLY pissed off for a bit, BUT DON'T do anything without coming to us first!, as IF it was to happen we would welcome the baby into our family and we don't want you to go and get an abortion without talking to us about it first!"

I am sure both of your parents will feel the EXACT same way! NO parent wants their teenagers to be parents, BUT if happens ALL the time - look at Sarah Pallin the staunch right winger, she has a daughter who is a teenage mom! So it happens to ALL religions, ALL status's, All Nationalities etc. So you can't make rash decisions because there is NO going back OK?

BUT that said I think this will be a no go anyway! I will keep my fingers crossed and please let me know! Tell her to take the "$2 test" 8-| ;-) with her 1st morning urination! This will be dead on! And from now on instead of using your last $2 on a HPT use them on Condom's OK?

She passed tomorrow would have made 6 weeks since it happened. I'm pretty sure we are good :-)...

Simple answer!! ;-) You are Good to Go Houston!!!! ;-) XD So lets ALL breathe and from now on! Regardles if she is on the pill, plus a depo shot, etc. etc. etc. you WEAR a CONDOM!!!!! OK? I can't take this again!!!! ;-) 8-| XD XD Good luck and health to you both! Simply!!!

LOL OK, I'm still scared though I mean its only been 5 weeks, well six tomorrow. dont some people sho wup at like 12 week and such?

No! They SHOW at 12 weeks as in B (that is representing boobs and a belly!)

When a woman becomes pregnant the second she becomes pregnant her body has HCG - pregnancy hormones! And each day that goes by, these hormones become stronger and stronger! And about 21 days after conception they REALLY show on a pee stick and less needed through a blood test! So this is why you ARE in the clear, because it WOULD be SO high right now OK?

OHH OK I see now; her boobs are getting bigger and she is gaining weight which means her belly is getting bigger, but I wonder if depo does that to you?

Sorry that I'm so problematic lol. Thanks for helping though.

TOTALLY! Google side effects of Depo! MANY women change their BC because of weight gain or other problematic thing! NOW it can also be from the hormones in the shot or the pill, need time to just level out in the system! Thus doctors saying wait about 3 - 6 months!

Weight gain should be about 10lbs so anymore than that or MAJOR acne it is time to change it! It's just about the hormone levels!

Well, I think part of her weight gain is the way her family has been eating since her mom got a new "toy" They been together 5 months and are married already, her and I been together 8 months the 27th and aren't lol. Grant it we are in high school but still... Anyhow... Just making sure. Thank you soo much :-)....

What if she does gain more than 10 pounds?? Is that a bad sign? Like does taht mean shes pregnant?