Hi I would like some information about lip reduction if possible. I know prices have gone up over the years but this year I would like to get lip reduction surgery preferably this summer. Presently, I am not comfortable with the size of my lips because they are extremely oversized and when I smile I seem to have excess lip tissue. Currently I reside in Washington yet I can't find a plastic surgeon to perform the surgery. I am willing to travel to California for the surgery. However, I have a few questions if anyone can help:
1. Does anyone know of a good surgeon that I may contact?
2. How much will the surgery cost?
3. Will I have to make payments upfront or can something be worked out with the surgeon's office?
4. Will I be able to get braces after the surgery?
5. Has anyone had this procedure done that would like to share their experience?

Thank you kindly. I have never had plastic surgery before but this is something that really does affect my self esteem, my confidence, and how I view myself. In addition, I find that when dealing with the public looks definitely matter and my very abnormal lips affect my appearance greatly.

Hi privgoddess..Have you decided to go through with the lip reduction? I am considering it as well.
i think the procedure runs anywhere from $2000-$3000. I am not sure of any docs who perform that in your area, you should maybe google keyword 'board certified california lip surgeon' and see what pops up.

Hi, Well I am actually going wherever I can find it. I'm not even being picky about the location anymore. I just really want to get some answers about this procedure. Have you found any doctors or any list of prices? Try as I might I dont see anything for this surgery. I find articles on it but there seem to be a short supply of surgeons.

Well I live in NY and already saw two docs like about 6 years ago or so..I only want my bottom lip reduced and they told me it would run about $1500-$2500, so it might be $3000 for both depending who you go to. You prob would be able to wear braces after they have healed completely though, you would have to ask them to be sure. The procedure takes about 1 hour, and the swelling can last up to a month but they said you see the reduced effect sooner. Final results are completely really seen after 3-4 months, it varies by patient.

I have been wanting to do this procedure about seven years ago but never had the guts because I want to be able to not only talk to but actually see the results of someone who had that done.

Hi well is it possible to give me the contact of the two doctors that you spoke to. I'm having some serious difficulty and since I am from NY it would be great because I want to go hom and visit so maybe I could kill 2 birds with one stone. Please help me with this.

Hey privygodess, here are the two links of doctors that I went to go see.

- Dr Michael E. Johns - ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

and Dr. Tornambe - ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am african american, not sure of your race, but they both performed lip reduction on african american patients. The photos of the procedure on the patients are both on the site under their photo galleries.

I felt comfortable with both doctors as they explained the procedure well in details, however, I felt most comfortable with Dr Tornambe because he made me feel real at ease, and they also took a picture of me to work with a program that let me see how I would look after the reduction so that I could have a better idea.

Let me know if you have any other questions or can't locate the pics on the site. I'm glad to help because we share the same issue :)