Hello.

In march I cought chlamydia and was treated with antibiotics. Ive been to GUM clinic 4 times now and all times iv'e been clear of any STI's. I still have symptoms however, but after the doctor checked my prostate out and it was fine he said I have kronic pelvic pain syndrome. Anyway thats besides the point.

The thing that is really getting to me is the skin on my penis head. About 2 days after I had sex for the first time (back in march) the skin on my penis head was slightly red, then a little while later the skin is really dry and cracked. It is still visible when I have an errection.

The doctors said that it seems fine and that Im just concentrating on it, but I know my own body, and i know it didn't look like that before. In the summer and I was a little sweaty down there, it looked horrible, heh, like fingers when you stay in the bath too long %-)

Anyway, Finally I got one doc to look at it and she agreed it was dry and cracked, she did a thrush test but it came back negative. I used to wash everyday in shower with soap. Ive stopped and just use water, and I rub either E45 cream or aqueous cream on but so far its not making the slightest difference.

Can anyone help? Even if you dont have the answer but have gone throught the same thing i would appreciate it.

Regards

l00t

Anyone please?

My boyfriends foreskin was cracked and red and painful at times. We went and bought some neosporin (for jock itch, ring worms, and something else) it seems to help. But It is recurring and we don't know how to make it quit.

Maybe you have a yeast infection? Its more common among females but males can also get yeast infections. Try putting some plain active cultured yoygurt on it. I know alot of women that use that for yeast infections. Also have you been checked for HPV? Usually men don't show signs of HPV but when they do its dry skin like you said.... I hope this helps you

At first I thought I had a yeast infection. Then i thought Herpes, but the swab test came back negative 3 times. The irritation would always come and go, and it's been like that for over a year now. I've been doing a lot of research and there's a couple things I think it could be. Mainly I think it's some sort of Dermatitis... or possibly Lichen Sclerosus or balanitis, and even some other possibilties that I came accross. The problem is that each of these things varies in their possibly intensity, and I have no idea which one applies to me. I just tried to get a common idea of what commonly helps threat these sorts of things, and it seems some creams like Ultrapotent corticosteroidsor some others may help. There's so much info, try and do a search on the topic areas I gave you and see if it helps.

My bf has the same problem i thought i caused it.. it coems and goes im starting to think its the soap he uses... im not sure either...but he has the sae problem.. and does it sometimes look red raw? and hurt a lil when erect? %-)

it definitely does to me too! Must be a chemical reaction of some sort but what kinda combo does it.

I have dry skin on the glans of my penis like you, and there are cracks too. i dont know what it could be. ive looked a tons of sti pictures and none of them looks like what ive got. it dosent look like herpes or syphillis or any of the other pictures.

im starting to think it might me psoriasis or dermatits. i was on antibiotics for a long time and i think that could have caused it, because thats around the time i got this. im too embarresed to tell my doctor, im prescribed xanax and prozac for anxiety, but the reason im really anxious is because of this, i dont know how to bring it up and i dont think there is anything he can do for it anyway, and im afraid he'll think im a fool because ive waited so long. i feel like im going insane, for a long time i was paranoid i might have caught some weird form of sti or hiv. im using E45 cream too and it dosent seem to be healing, but it does stop it from getting worse and spreading. the cracks get worse if i dont use some sort of cream. The cracks get worse when i have an erection too. btw way im uncircumsized, so this makes me feel even worse, the glans used to be shiny but now it dry and cracked. ive seen what cut penises look like, and thats the way my glans is starting to go. :?

im starting to think it might me psoriasis or dermatits. i was on antibiotics for a long time and i think that could have caused it, because thats around the time i got this. im too embarresed to tell my doctor, im prescribed xanax and prozac for anxiety, but the reason im really anxious is because of this, i dont know how to bring it up and i dont think there is anything he can do for it anyway, and im afraid he'll think im a fool because ive waited so long. i feel like im going insane, for a long time i was paranoid i might have caught some weird form of sti or hiv. im using E45 cream too and it dosent seem to be healing, but it does stop it from getting worse and spreading. the cracks get worse if i dont use some sort of cream. The cracks get worse when i have an erection too. btw way im uncircumsized, so this makes me feel even worse, the glans used to be shiny but now it dry and cracked. ive seen what cut penises look like, and thats the way my glans is starting to go. %-)

i posted to many times. sorry. i was having problems with registration. i wasnt able to be a guest either? delete the extra posts. sorry.

Hey guys thanks for reply,

Was ages since i posted that, Incase anyone is wondering I have been diagnosed with Kronic pelvic pain syndrome. And to cut it short no one knows why it happens, or what makes it go. The good news is that it does go eventually.....hopefully. I feel much better than I did at the time of that post, weather it has something to do with the skin on my penis head im not sure but it seems to be getting a little better, and i do mean little.

In case anyone with similar symptoms is worried, ill post again to let you know how things go on.

I know its a little point to make, but not using soap is helping from making it red. Just rinse, then use cream.

To the guy who was worried about going to the doctor, just go...seriously, ive had so many people look at my penis and anus (KPPS affects nerves around anus too :s ) that i dont really get embarrassed anymore, it's their job to help remember not to ridicule (spelling?) you.

Later

hello, i also have cracks and dryness on my penis... i belive it was caused by some sort of chemical reaction when i used a type of hand cram to masterbate with. It definitely numbed up my penis and there is no tingly sensation on my penis anymore. I cannot masterbate properly beacause of the lack of feeling when i stroke. i am extreamly depressed and have no hope... is there any one that can help or give me their opinion

have you guys considered the possibility you're having an alergic reaction to condoms (probably the latex)? i had this problem when i first started having sex - the cracked skin, redness and rash. but when my girlfriend went on the pill and we stopped using condoms, the problem went away so presumably i was allergic to the condoms. but i think there are loads of non-latex condoms you can buy so that could be a possible solution.

hope this helps.

Ive never had sex, but ive rubbed gentals , the girl was wearing panties still, and kissed. A month or less later the syptoms started with what seemed like sweaty nuts. then i just started to notice uncomfort down there. Then went away. It came back a month later when i was studying, differental equations, i was stressed. The syptoms were now buring or pain. its weird sometime the head is flushed then a couple of hours later its like normal. Then a sypmtom that ive never seen before, dry cracked skin down there. Also when erect there are little bumps on the head, look like little blood vessels, never notice then before either. went to the three different doctors and nothing, got the works checking my blood and urine and all clean. Also there is a spot on my foreskin that has a little discoloration, alittle lighter than the surrounding skin. also my oil glands down there are really noticeable. now im like what? this sucks! im gonna go to the doctor again soon but i still dont know what it is. its finals week and i think that what triggered it, also ive had a lack of sleep due to classes. I have had no antibotics and use no lotion downthere. so reaction could occur. i sued soap for ages but now just once or twice a week down there. what is going on these days? come on scientist!