Hi everyone. I'm really depressed, i read a lot of stories similar to mine in this forum, so i hope that someone of you who have gone through could help me. Two years ago in november 2010 i masturbated with hand soap. I'm uncircumcised and i left the soap on the penis after the masturbation. The same evening my glans and foreskin were very red, dry and the skin was peeling. After a week the situation got a lot better but never healed completely. Before this my glans and foreskin were always very moisty, shiny , smooth and purple coloured, like this : http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Outer_and_inner_layers_of_foreskin.JPG

after that fu**ing day they changed : there are zones were there i still a bit of redness especially on the frontal side of the glans, and the skin tends to be dry, not peeling but not even mosty and healthy and a little bit sticky. So the colour it's not more uniform. I wnet to many dermatologists and tried different moisturisers and creams but none of them workes. The majority of the doctors told me that i was ok, but they didnt' pay attention at my disclaims and maybe beacuse i never telled them that it was caused by a MASTURBATION  with soap but by a saop- washing. Finally in june 2012 i went to a very famous italian dermatologist,very well known for being an expert in penis skin problems ( so sorry form my english, I'm a spaghetti-eater :) ) he finally told me that i was right and that there still were little symptoms of balnopostitis on my penis so he gave me a cream and an oil detergent. They didn't worked. He's now following me ny e- mail and he gave me another cream, i've been using it since 5 days ( i'll have to use it for 10) but it doesn't seems to work. I' me very discouraged because i can't believe that a thing like this can't be cured, and living with it is simply just terrible. I'm 18 and i lost my 2 last years with this shitty problem!!!

Reading internet is very discouraging because it seems that all the guys that have problems like this are in my same situation. please if someone of you who maybe masturbate with hand soap, shampoo or stupid cream and solved the problem, or anyone else that know something please post a reply. I need your help, I know i'm not alone and there are a lot of others guys with these problems, we CAN HELP EACH OTHER TO NOT LOSE HOPE

I forgot to write that the dermatologist told me that it wasn't an std ( i never had sex) and it was a balanopostyitis caused by the hand soap. For what i can see it seems that the soap made the mucous membrane thinner, maybe it thinned the first layer making it more unnatural

Please somebody reply...

Your penis is peeling because soap is alkaline and not intended to be in contact with the skin for longer than is necessary to wash it. You do need to use soap when washing your penis to remove the oily waste product called smegma. However, you should always thoroughly wash off the soap once clean.

Using soap for masturbation keeps it in even closer contact with the skin and for a much longer time so it irritates the skin, leading to it peeling to get rid of the damaged layer.

Lay off the soap for good when masturbating - use hand lotion or a proper sexual lubricant. Also lay off masturbation until the glans has stopped peeling and has settled down again.

In the meantime, a little moisturising cream daily on the glans will sooth any tendency to itching or roughness.