Please, can somebody tell me what to do with cracks around the anus due to constipation in my baby? I’m so worried. My little son has never had this kind of problems. I’m planning to take him to doctor but until then do you have any good advice for me? Thanks!

Don’t worry. This is a common problem for young children and it can usually be cleared up easily. That is happening because of the dry skin around the anus. So you need to doctor for certain cream or ointment to heal these cracks. Also you'll need to treat the constipation. Give him more fluid.

Hi there,
This can be vary problematic and painful for the baby. How old is your baby and how long has he been having this issue? I think that you might get a prescription from your pediatric for hydrocortisone cream to relieve him of pain and to get his skin healed up. Also there are other ointments that are helpful. You have to understand that he needs to be clean all the time and avoid any dirty dippers to stay on him for too long. Has the constipation stop? Try to keep him hydrated all the time and avoid hard foods. Also don’t give him too much milk during this period. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Danella