I am going to visit my family in Miami next month and my six month old baby is going to come as well. We all know it is impossible to go to Miami without visiting the beach, but it will be the first time at the beach with my baby. So do you folks have any good tips about how to take care of my baby while we are at the beach? Thanks!

Babies have skin that is much thinner and more delicate than adult skin, so your first concern is a good sun protection cream. Find a cream with the highest possible factor, like SPF 50. Make sure to put a sun hat on their head, so the little head is not going to get burnt. Don't sit directly in the sun, but stay in the shade, and don't hang out at the beach all day long. Two hours should be the maximum.

I completely agree.. i'm a 4th year resident at a pediatric clinic and the most important thing is SUNSCREEN!! 2nd is diaper care... sand gets into all sorts of places and some ignorant parents thin k a baby wipe can get it out WRONG!!! grab a bottle of water and rinse his/her butt and genitals off thoroughly before wiping.. sand turns a baby wipe into sandpaper!!! also.. do not let your baby ingest any salt water.. it will give him/her diarrhea. avoid tap water when traveling. invest in several gallons of nursery water/ distilled water or breast feed only...