I’m 21 and it’s been now almost three months I have these narrow stools. I don’t know where they’ve come from so narrow but I’m afraid that it has something to do with colon cancer. I must mention that I have no abdominal pain or blood in my stool but I’ve noticed these changes in my bowel movements. So what may have caused my narrow stools? Thx

I have periodically narrow and thin stools and wanted to do a colonoscopy but my doc advised me not to do it for it’s not likely I have colon cancer at my age. Having narrow stools occasionally is nothing too serious it’s not like it may cause a colon cancer as you’re afraid of. Sometimes thin stools may indicate a colon cancer for the tumor may cause it to be thinner on its pathway. I know what I do and it really helps in having normal stools. I’ve changed my diet and eating habits I try to avoid as much as I can that junky food and sweets that’s all around us. I have at least five meals a day that have a right balance of proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins and minerals. I’m pretty sure that it is very important what you eat, what you drink for your general health especially regarding colon cancer. And besides that I’ve noticed that if I work out or take a walk it affects my stool. Try it out and check it by yourself and even better if you worry so much go see a doc.

Although colon cancer at your age is unlikely, it is NOT unheard of. Any change in bowel habits should be investigated. You may have something as common as irritable bowel syndrome, or you could have polyps. I'd go to a doctor who doesn't automatically dismiss your symptoms due to your age. Good luck.

At your age I wouldnt worry about your problem. I have had flat bloody stool since I was 15 and I am now 45 but now I have to watch it becauseof my age

I'm 48 but very active and still feel fit. I had a similar progression in my stool size as described in some of these message boards: flattening stool for a few months, then a few months of spaghetti stool, with not nearly as much output as I'd expect. I've had constipation for a few months as well.

When reading some of the posts I got worried. Well I had my first colonoscopy this morning. My colon was healthy, not even 1 polyp. There are a few hiding places along the way but for the most part everything's great. My GE said flat and narrow stool can be perfectly common.

To read the web one would think it's time to make out a will.

No sweat, probably nothing. It never hurts to have that confirmed by a doc but don't waste time feeling dread.

Peace

I had flat poop for a few months and thought nothing about it. But, I had a large polyp that if I had not gone to the doctor it would have turned cancerous.

Go to the doctor and get a colonoscopy. It really is a painless procedure. You'll feel so much better knowing everything is ok, and if they do find something, you are much better off knowing when your only symptom is a change in bowel habits, and not more progressed symptoms when it will be harder to cure.

Stop looking online for reasons NOT to go to the doctor. No one here has a medical degree or can diagnose you. Do it for yourself. Do it for the people you love. Do it for the people who love you. It is better to know now. You will only regret it if you wait.

I've noticed this happens to me alot when Im traveling. Then I get home and things return to normal.  I'm suspicious of Hotel food, or something related to travel stressors.

Very Well said