I am 28 years old and I'm really worried for my mother. She is 57 years old and she has big problems with obesity.
I talked with her doctor and he told me that she should reduce her weight imidiately because she is in great risk of developing atherosclerosis and some heart diseases.
Because she is in her late fifties, she could not practice running or too much physical exercises. So I was wondering is there any diet on the market that is suitable for these, older people.
Thanks!

I know what you are talking about. I'm 34 years old and I have used one diet which is also recommended to older people.
It is called CRAN diet.
CRAN is abbreviation for Caloric Restriction with Adequate Nutrition.
So you probably already know what I'm talking about.
It is 12 step program and it has a lot of catches but it is all about restrict yourself to 1,400 calories per day. You have special days in a month when you do this and some when you can eat almost everything. The results may not be immediate like you have mention you wont them to be, but they will show in a two or three months.