I have daughter who started to worry me lately. She is in critical age, when every girl thing she is overweight. I know she has few pounds more then it should be, but I don’t want her to become anorexic. I would like to help her lose some weight, but I want her to stay health. I would like to know what is the most important for her health to take care about while dieting.

Any diet which made someone eat fewer calories than is needed to get through the day is dangerous. It’s prior for her, and for everyone else, to be health and then fit. Diet that doesn’t allow some food, for example low fat diet, no-pasta diet, is not healthy. The reason is very simple, and answer is that we need all kind of food to live normally. She should never fall for diets that restrict certain food groups. When diet says no breads or pastas or allows you to eat only fruit is unhealthy. She won't get the vitamins and minerals she needs and although she might lose weight, she'll probably gain it back as soon as she starts eating in her usual way. But eating healthy meals and snacks combined with reasonable amounts of exercise may help everyone to lose weight and develop properly and healthy at the same time. The most important diet is to eat a wide variety of enough food to meet our body's needs. And great ways to find good health is to eat health and exercise.