I have several craniotomy questions regarding my father's health condition. He has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. It is really hard for the entire family to watch him slip away from us each and every day. So, doctor proposed craniotomy, for installing deep brain stimulators, so I would like to know something about that procedure. Is it dangerous? Is there a possibility that his condition will get worse after operation? Does he need that at all?

I assume that you realize how serious Parkinson's disease really is. So, if this craniotomy gives any chance, even small one, for improvement, you must not miss it. Craniotomy is a surgery where bone flap is removed from the skull so that there is a free access to the brain. In your father's case, it is needed for installing deep brain stimulators to help him with his condition. Afterwards bone is put back with metal plates that help with reintegration that is done very quickly. Safe procedure, I must say.