I have been suffering from an itchy vaginal area for weeks now. The skin is constantly itchy and burning. When I start to itch it, skin actually comes off, and the area becomes red and irritated. I do not know what could it be, and now I am worried. Did anyone have similar symptoms, so maybe could tell me what this is.

Few months ago, I had absolutely the same burning and itching of the vagina. I wanted to cut it, because at the beginning I was thinking it would pass away on its own. When I saw it is continue to burn and itch, I said it is enough. I wanted to cut it and heal myself; I was embarrassed because of this. Off course, I had no idea what this could be. Then I visited gynecologist, which seemed as logical step for this area problems. After testing me, he concluded that was just yeast infection. Not a big deal, but definitely condition, that should be treated, as soon as it is possible. He gave me Clomatrizole, but there are more creams, pills and medicines to treat burning and itching. I could recommend you to go to the doctor and take a cream. That is so much easier, then have this annoying problem.

Last night i was looking for some answers on the exact topic you were all discussing. I had marks that appeared to be paper cuts and burning and itching. I did go to the GYN today and i did had a yeast infection and bacterial infection due to amoxycillin (sp?) that i took for strep throat. It may not look like a yeast infection but my doctor said that the paper cut like marks are a sign. So if your doctor doesnt know whats going on i would search for another opinion. I took a pill for it, just one that stays in your system for five days and i already feel better :-) hope this helps

You guys, thank you for these postings. I have had all the same symptoms you are describing....except mine seems to have been going on FOREVER now. It's definitely been a few months. I freaked out because I thought it might be genital herpes... though I never had ulcers, lesions, or sores that were round and open (with white heads). My symptoms were EXTREME itching and burning...and of course, I noticed paper cuts (red) down there after itching. I inspected it with a mirror...they were not bumpy, just more like cuts or tears in the vagina. Thanks to the last person who posted her experience (guest) because now I know these "paper cuts" are a symptom of a yeast infection. I will go get checked out soon. Does anyone else have these paper cuts or similar symptoms? IF so, was this a yeast infection as well or does it sound like genital herpes? Also, does anyone know how long a yeast infection can last without treatment? Mine has been going on for so long so I am assuming they don't go away by themself, and stress does not help. Thanks everyone for the advice and sharing your stories!

I went through the EXACT same thing not more than a week ago. Extremely itchy around my buttocks, bright red rash, painful, and a stinging paper cut-like mark that went right up the crack of my butt. This persisted for almost two weeks before I got up the guts to go to the doctor. He tested the area for HPV and herpes, and the only thing I came back positive for was a yeast infection. I've been using Nystatin for a week now, and took Diflucan. The rash cured within 4 days. The area is COMPLETELY normal now. I am so RELIEVED!!!

My advice to anyone out there is to suck it up and go to the doctor, even if your symptoms are scaring you. Knowing the diagnosis is far better than the countless sleepless nights I had worrying that I had herpes.

You know what works well for yeast infections is boric acid suppositories. I had a never ending itch/tingling feeling down there and no yeast pill would do the job. I took boric acid supp. and it went away. I did one a night for two weeks, and i also one a week for maintenance.

I sure hope this helps someone out there, I go to a chinese doctor who has helped me with every health problem I have ever had

I get paper like cuts around my vulva/vagina that are painful, and take quit awhile to heal
I do not have any STD's and I have read about so many women that have the same problem and no doctor has helped or been able to figure out the problem

If your under alot of stress, not sleeping well or not eating well, you are not functioning at at a good level,
believe it or not my chinese doctor told me to stimulate myself, to allow blood to flow in my vagina, this helps circulation and the healing process alot quicker, I"m not talking intercourse, just manual, gentle stimulation once a day if possible, it worked so well for me, I hope this helps others, cause it was becoming to be such a depressing thing

cheers
\Nicole

do you think it would be better to get otc antibiotics (such as monistat or vagisil) or a prescription from a doctor??? b/c i am experiencing the same thing with the cuts, and i'm sure it's not herpes. before now i have never heard of anyone else with the same thing; i've never known what they come from

i have same problem with ur guys abt 2 yrs now, , itchness, burning, paper cut, dry skin off when i scrach it. iw ent to the different doctors , all the doctor say different thg, one told me i have skin prob, i tried some cream, didnt work, then my current doctor told me i have STD, i tried STD medicine, but didnt get well as well, i just wonder do i really have STD, or the doctors just making fun of me?

I too have been having these paper cuts on my vagina for months. I actually saw one over 3 years ago on my labia but didn't think anything of it at the time and never saw another one until April 07.

I seem to get them again right after they heal now. They actually heal pretty quickly but they come right back. They are always in the same place and only hurt if I wipe myself for like 30-60 mins.

I have had STD tests... bacterial tests... yeast tests... all come back negative. I'm really freaking out now because they are annoying and I'm scared I have some wierd disease. I have also heard I could have Lychin Scerlosis which freaks me out as well.

I'm really not sure if its a yeast problem or something else. I just took a shower and found this really disgusting discharge that was like 3 inches long..almost like a gel. It was kinda clear with a bit of yellow in it? Other than the discharge and the paper cuts... I don't really have any symptoms down there at the moment.

I even took a monistat 1 kit the other day and it seems to have made it worse? I'm so confused...

I am so glad I finally looked this up! About a month ago I had this itching, after my shower I looked, and thought I cut myself with the shaver. I showed my husband and he thought the same. The other day I started the itching. I looked and on both sides I have these cuts. I never thought it could have been from a yeast infection. I too researched herpes, but I have been with my husband for 11 years (Monogamously). But after research, it is obvious I don't. I only have the itching, and cuts. I have no discharge. I used a vaginal cream, and it burned. I think I will call my doc and get this taken care of. Thank you everyone for writing about this... it is so nice to know that I am not the only one who has or is going through this!

:D

I have had about half a dozen yeast infections in my life.

Paper cuts, itching, a yeast like smelling discharge, a discharge the is yellowy and white like cottage cheese or a thick substance, paper cuts (bleeding too, if scratched), a thick coat of white on the area.

Yes, I know yeast infections. Haha.

I take Monistat, it's usually gone in one day.

omg i just blew up at my boyfriend because for a day i was convinced that it was herpies. this was EXTREAMLY helpful, now i just need to get up the courage to tell him that i was wrong.

I have the same "paper cuts" and i just went to the doctors today and she was like "oh no this isn't herpes, just a yest infection." i was like "omg are you serious." i'm only 16 and i've never had a yest infection before so i guess i just assumed the worst. i am soooooooo happy. last night i was like crying and screaming into my pillow and stuff omg that twas a scare lol.

I have been going through the same thing...horrible paper like cuts on my vagina. I went to the doctor and was told it was absolutely a yeast infection. I took a prescription cream and 7 nights of Nystatin (an anti-fungal) and two weeks later they're back!!

I, like the rest, have been suffering from the same cuts. At first I thought is was genital herpes because I was diagnosed with it a little while ago. However, now I have been getting them so often that I am freaking out. I look at myself in the mirror and find that they appear in the SAME exact spot over and over. It dries up, leaves, and then comes back. After examining myself, I realize that it cannot be genital herpes because they are not sores. In fact, they are like 1 inch lon paper cuts. They hurt like hell. A holistic doctor told me to stop using antibacterial soap. But I have been using that soap since the childhoo and it eliminates any odor and keeps you dry for most of the day. If anything, the soap might affect it but it is obviously being caused by something else. I have a visit to my OBGYN in November to see what they are. I am starting a journal of my symptoms to see if I find patterns with this cut problem. But... best of luck to all you who have this.