We never notice it during the actual intercourse but apparently sometimes after we've had sex my bf gets little cuts on his penis. It's usually a scab equivalent to that of mild rug burn, no pun intended. But this only happens 1 out of 5 times if you want a ratio. I don't understand it. Could it be because I'm not wet enough at those times? Or perhaps the angle? I've noticed that when it happens I get sore too, like a slight burning sensation. I think it might be because sometimes I'm not wet enough, and we go straight into it anyway. We usually have a couple of rounds as well, it's not just once (the sex I mean) I don't know if that helps.

I'm concerned.

Does anyone know what's going on? Please help.

Actually it sounds like an infection OR the worse case scenario an STD! He needs to have that looked at, and because you hurt too, you need to as well!!! Does your boyfriend use a condom? If not then you both DEFINITELY need to get checked out ASAP!! It sounds a bit like herpes!!!!!!! Because herpes only flares up from time to time, even though it is still there - it's called an outbreak.

I just found a website link for you - IT's GRAPHIC!! But I think you should take a look to see if any of the images look familiar. Good luck and HEALTH for both of you.

http://www.dermnet.com/moduleIndex.cfm?moduleID=16

Dear God that was graphic! but no its nothing like that maybe i should have explained it better. it looks like a paper cut, on him. and we were both virgin, we gave ourselves to eachother. there's no way it could be herpies. its at the base of the shaft of the right side. a tiny little scab. i really think its from the angle he's going in. because sometimes it hurts when he tries to go in, sometimes im dry. i think its just too much friction and not enough lube.

I know i was like o.O But i think they should show these at High Schools! Anyways, I think what is happening is this - to put it in your terms of a "Rug Burn" This could be kind of like that, if you both are dry and it causes a friction and because your vagina is ALL muscle it could be hurting him. On the other hand it shouldn't really be hurting him at the base!! Do you shave down there? If so it could be from that, The shaft hitting stubble!! That would make a bit more sense to me! And from the sounds of it you don't use condoms! I hope you will! Unless you are trying to get pregnant that is, because even if he pulls out you can still get pregnant.

Use a condom and a WATER based lubricant. If he IS wearing a condom he could actually be having a reaction to the latex, and you too! Actually more and more people are alergic to latex! Give it awhile before any other sexual contact OK?! He needs to have the penis heal, tell him to wash it with a no soap base cleanser - such as spectorgel, and keep the area dry as possible, and put some polysporin on it. Check out your area too OK? Just to make sure there is no damage! Because IF you get infections down there it is PAINFUL and hard to treat on your own.

Yeah, no believe me after I heard about him I went on a little inspection of my own! I'm 100% cut free. And as for shaving, I do not believe in deforestation lol but I do trim it, maybe I do it to short??? But yeah I've been pretty bad with the lack of condom use. We used to use them all the time in the beginning, but once he discovered the "mystical magical feeling" he hardly ever wants to use them! But your right, condoms are definitely the way to go. So water based lube got it (condom too). And I'll be sure to tell him the medical advice as well as the info about a little break.

Thank you soooo much Bambi27, you are a life saver!!!!! :-)

Just say "It's a MAGICAL Feeling when you will be holding our child in 9 months!!!!!" o.O XD ;-) And yeah the trimming probably caused it! My expression is this "NO WRAPPY! NO HAPPY!!!!" So use it ALL the time OK!!!? Good luck hon!

I was wondering if you ever found a real reason for this because my husband has the same thing and I have looked and asked around an I can not seem to get any kind of answer. I thought it might be the same thing that I am not wet enough, its not all the time like you have stated. Glad to see that we are not the only ones who have this, So frustrating..

I'm glad this question came up again, when I just reread what was stated, I started thinking about a Yeast infection, both women and men can have them, and if they aren't both treated you can keep giving it back and forth too each other! Many yeast infections go undiagnosed as they aren't the regular discharge, itching, burning that is the usual way of realizing you have one! Dryness - which can also be caused by yeast infections AND to add insult to injury the dryness and rubbing can cause an infection! Your vaginal wall has it's own lubrication of a certain ph, it is natures way of starting to wean out the weakest sperm! When that is lacking, the "rug burn" happens VERY quickly, without any moisture or lubrication the skin is pulled tight with each thrust and can actually start pulling apart the skin! If I were you - and i have been in the past - both of you go to your family doctor the next day after it happens again! I think you both need to be tested for yeast infections! I also thought of either of you having an allergy - so to speak - with the other! BUT then it would be all the time - sometimes the ph of the mans secretions react against the ph of the womans - the good thing is this is a lot rarer than a common yeast infection etc. As long as you have ruled out STD's/STI's then I am leaning towards yeast! I hope you get to the "bottom" of it ;-D let me know if you ever find out what the cause is! Good luck and health to you both!

look i havent had sex with my boyfreind in over 3 weeks and i decided to want sex and he said he was soar so i looked at his penis and it had a scape on it i said wth, he claim he dont know yet he claim his tool beat may have caused it i dont believe that , i think it came from masterbating or from having ruff sex with some one else or some one bit his penis durning oral sex, i need help cause how is it a man dont know what happen to his own penis , he would of came out better saying he zipped up his penis..im too out done..

If u don't shave your pubic hair, it can cause cut on your bfs penis.

Ok I am a man I was experianceing this for myself and recently me wife has gotten this it is a yeast infection males get it all the time the reason I get it is I'm diabetic and the sugar passes through my urine but be carefull because he can definetly pass it to you I get min usually right behind the head I wish somebody told me about this I freaked out when I first had this I thought I had a std but had a bunch of std screens and nothing finally I went to a good uroligist I think that's how u spell it anyways and he told me sugar moisture and warm enviroment is the perfect incubator for yeast but just cause we are males we can still get a yeast infection the docter usually prescribes a really strong antibiotic and a cream ask if u need the names but I hope this helps as I did not have help and couldn't find answers

I went through this for a long time. Being way over analytical then I should, I set out to find out what causes this. I had plenty (probably too much) sex when I was younger and never had this problem. Was it from friction, skin getting thinner, and a dozen other thoughts and nothing made sense to me. And it only happened at certain times. Long story short my better half had a couple of tiny moles inside her vagina. Depending on the position those moles would rub against the side of my penis leaving rug burn so to speak. Depending on how wet she was sometimes it would leave a tiny paper cut. I went through this for two years before finally figuring it out. She went to the doctor and had them removed and viola, no more issues. I hope this can help others.

I am diabetic and going thru the same thing. What is the name of the cream? I wanna have sex so bad but it hurts, then goes away(heals) then we do it and it comes back. Maybe not giving it enough time to heal. Sometimes I try to see if its healing good so I rub my penis till it gets hard but then I feel the little cuts reappearing.

why dont u wet it by oral.........ihope SPIT IS antiseptic & more fun both is there ..m sure

trust me i know what your going through... for the pass few months I've been having cut/slices ( paper like cuts on the fore skin, only to one side, appearing like a stretch mark), i had a lot of excuses.

1. i could have sworn it was because my girlfriend was tight.

2. maybe i was just delicate.

3. Maybe it was the fact that she had hair on her pubic area.

and yeah all of these would be the logical answer but 90% of the time i'm getting cut and if i wait a day r two its good again, but this time around, it seem the area got infected and now its swollen (only the fore skin), so i decided to go to the doctor, the swelling i had was ulcer, nothing serious but it looked gross, he explain that the slices/cuts were cause by the fact that my foreskin was tightly placed and it will continue unless i'm circumcise, hence a surgery...

but in any case get tested.

please be noted that all of this happen inside the area of the foreskin or barely to the edge