my brother informed me of a weird pimple he said he had on his scrotum...i didnt look at it but from what i understand it looks like a pimple and has some grey matter inside of it. he is 15 and is a virgin and i told him i would research the problem for him. he told me at first it looking like a pimple so he popped it and what looked like white puss came out (the stuff that comes out of zits on your face) he is imbarressed to confront anyone else about his problem and if there is any simple and easy treatments that anyone could share would be great. from what i have read i would guess it would be a cyst but im not sure. PLEASE HELP

I think that he has a cyst, but I am not sure which one because there is a few that could occur on scrotum. I guess that in his case is sebaceous cyst. They are just beneath the skin that is filled with an oily, white, semisolid material called sebum. Our skin has tiny glands under the surface which makes sebum. Sebum is the 'oil' that makes the skin smooth. If a gland's channel becomes blocked the sebum is still made. Sebaceous cysts tend to develop in teenagers; there is an interaction among hormones, sebum, and bacteria. He is puberty now and the glands in the skin produce excessive sebum. In skin that is prone to acne, the sebum and dead skin cells clog the hair follicles and form clogged pores. These clogged pores may break through the pore wall underneath the skin and release its contents. And this causes a pimple or pustule. If this substance is released deep into the skin it will cause a sebaceous cyst. I don’t think that he should be worried about it.

Hi guys I am writing to you, because i had a same problem, it was bump on scrotum of course. In my case it was not reddish, it was like a pimple but little bit bigger. In that period I was sexually inactive, so I was interested in my problem and I decided to find a solution. Actually my problem was inflamed hair, which was little bit painful so surgeon operated me. After the operation sebum curate sometimes from wound but it stopped after two weeks. So I believe that it could be your case but I am recommending to you to visit a hospital

I had at one time a benign karatosis that sounds very similar. Mine seemed to come out of nowhere, there was some itching and then it was there. I went to the dermatologist and he removed it in like 5 seconds and it has not grown back. This was about 4 years ago. I would go to a good dermatologist and have him take a look at it. I understand that in rare cases these karatosis can be can be abnormal. The procedure that I had was so simple and painless that I would not hesitate to go back if one ever re-appeared.

I have had something very similar for almost a year now. I am to shy to talk to anyone about it. It is on the top left of my scrotum. It used to be excessively small but just recently it has started to enlarge a bit and is now the size of maybe 1/3 of a raisin or smaller. It is directly on a hair gland and has a strand of hair coming out the center. It is very smooth and soft.

I don't know what I should do and am considering visiting a urologist. Before trying this should I try to pop it? I have hesitated from doing this since it is on my scrotum and I was not sure if doing this was safe. I heard that a lot of people have attempted popping it.

I'm no doctor, but this is how I treated my 2 cysts that developed on the scrotum.

(I was to shy to see a doctor and got desperate)

I picked up a cryo freezing wart remover kit at the local drug store (they sell for about 8-15 dollars and can be found in the bandages isle)

I followed the instructions as if it was a wart.
I applied the cryo.
After about 3 days the surface skin of the cyst itself darkened and came off in the shower revealing pink skin and a white spherical shaped formation. (The cyst itself)
It almost immediately scabbed over.
About the 10th day, I pressed gently on it, and it acted like a pimple at that point, releasing all the Sebum in it.
About two days later the walls of the cyst had detached them self from the scrotal tissue and while cleaning myself with a washcloth in the shower.
It bled a very small amount at this point.
It quickly scabbed over again and in around 2 weeks it had healed into a tiny scar which faded after about 3 months.

I currently have something that sounds very similar currently on my scrotum. It started out as a small zit looking thing which produced a white fluid. I had poor bathing habits from about the time the white fluid came out until a few days ago when I started showering regularly. Unfortunately, the cyst - if that's indeed what it is - has elongated to about the size of a large grain of rice. I inspected it today and found that, while touching the area that is just beneath the surface of the skin there was no real feeling of irritation or pain but when I got closer to the skin surface red mark or I guess you can call it the head, there was where the most irritation came from. The feeling was like touching a pimple. I've since stopped trying to squeeze it as it is always a futile measure as nothing seems to want to drain. It almost looks like the skin itself is grown over itself and the area around is a little flaky. I have no trouble urinating or during sex but it is rather distressing when the girlfriend feels it. It's easy to feel when I have an erection. Do the math on that one.

Anyway, what's up with the size? Should it have gotten this long? How long should I expect it to take to heal? Any treatments I can use? Any help would be most aprecciated.

I am currently a little over a week out from surgery for my scrotal cyst. I delayed for about two years; it started out looking like a pimple or a ingrown hair, but I was hesitant to "pop" it, for fear that it would pop in the wrong direction and end up inside my sack, possibly leading to a worse infection. I decided to wait and see what would happen, figuring it might resolve itself. Instead, it got bigger. Over the course of a couple of years, it enlarged. It was never painful, and was clearly underneath the skin of my scrotum.

About a month ago I decided to see a urologist, and was informed it was likely a simple sebaceous cyst, and could be easily removed with outpatient surgery. At this point, it was the size of about a lima bean. The surgery only took about 30 minutes, under general anesthesia. I was sent home wearing an athletic supporter and a gauze pad between my groin and scrotum. I was prescribed ciprofloxacin to prevent infection, and though I never felt any pain, I was also prescribed hydrocodone. I wore the supporter for about a week (the wound healed up nicely, there probably won't be much if any scarring, not that I really care); it was easily the worst part of the whole experience. Now I am just using gauze (I wear briefs, so I could see men who wear boxers may need the supporter for a longer period). The wound isn't draining anymore, so the gauze should go away when I see the urologist again for the follow-up (next week).

If you think or know you have a mass under the skin of your scrotum or in your scrotum, whatever you do DON'T TRY TO POP IT! AND FOR THE LOVE OF $DEITY DON'T TRY TO PERFORM HOME SURGERY! If it goes wrong during or after, you could make the problem much worse than if you had simply had it checked out by a professional. So go see your doctor instead; man-up, stop being embarrassed, and have it checked out. Good luck, and know that it is likely something benign (unless it is in the testicle itself, then it could be cancer - in that case, go get it checked out ASAP; the longer you wait the worse the outcome will be).

What??? You cryo froze your balls? Dude that sounds painful. I have little bumps all over my balls and two big ones on the bottom right about the size of the thumbnail on my finger. Its embarasing as f**k when a girl is sucking my balls and she notices it or during 4 play when they feel it with there hands. I dont know what the hell to do, my balls always itch though a lot. Is this an STD? No sores or anything help?

I believe I also have this condition.

Since I was about 16-17(about 7 years ago) I noticed a few small "zits" on my scrotum.

Like an id**t I constantly try to pop them.
Then I noticed you can if you stab them with a sterile needle. I used one of those lancets used to prick your finger.

Once the hole was made a TON of sebum I guess gushed out. I tried to work it all out gently, but it seems like a few of these cysts might have joined forces.

I have no medical insurance and would really like to have this taken care of professionally.

The 2 larger ones are on opposite sides of my scrotum, about the size of a kidney bean under the skin.

Anyone know how much this might cost to have fixed with no insurance?

Too f*****g much

I used to have a bunch of pimple looking things appearing on my sack when I was a teen, I just popped them like they were pimples, and they pretty much were, I figured they were appearing there because I have a major issue of itching my sack red. Over the years most of em went away except for a couple that had gotten a little larger than the others and seemed to solidify. Now I have a sack thats kinda leathery with one white lump under the skin on one side, not really sure what to do with it, but it's not causing any problems and doesn't seem to grow bigger. I might go to a doctor some day to get it checked out, when I have money for it. On a more interesting note, I've had examinations a couple of times, for military reasons, and they looked at and held my balls, and have never mentioned anything about the white lump(s). Maybe it was just too awkward at the time? I guess it's not that much of an issue.

I have had two that really got big. i would venture to say between a large marble and a Ping pong ball.  On the first one it really got chaffed and soon, after a few days of real pain, I had enough and went in with a pin. I clinched my teeth and inserted the pin. This thing exploded spewing puss and blood in a stream I thought would never stop. frequent checks and squeezes and it was gone Ina couple of days.  The second never got to that point where I could define a head so I went in again with a pin and it too let loose.  The first was much larger but the second one was on its way.

I have had a few and had a few removed - I am guessing they did not remove the cyst walls because some of them came back. Granted, I am always wet and sandy at the beach with chaffing so possibly constantly getting clogged up (pores). It is definitely a self-esteem booster. i know for a fact it is not an STD. They are just clogged pores as you can feel the cyst type under the skin move around. I decided to try applying an acne cream on one to test it out - Main ingredient 5% benzyol peroxide cream (which I put in very small amounts onto specific area ie cyst for experiment) I noticed after a few days of putting it on 3 times a day - it looked more like a pimple and popped just like it. I am going to continue to put it on till it completely clears it up. I am testing to see if it will actually wipe out the cell wall. It does burn upon application, that only last a few seconds. The product, that I am using, is Nature's Cure (cream). I will try to update and say how it is working - that is if I remember. best of luck.

I have these all over my scrotum< probably about 15, Ive had them for years. They arent big at all just like a pimple size. I went to the urologist this week and he said theyre to small for surgery and not to be worried, that it was ok to have them. My question is has anyone here with these ever had a girl be disgusted by it?? I had one gf about 3 years ago and she didnt care. But its been 3 years and im always hesitant to have sex because im worried about theyre reaction. Any input would help, thanks!