Hello! I am 15 years old. Everybody’s talking about sexual diseases but I didn’t understand if they could be transmitted during oral sex and fingering. I have a boyfriend. He is 16. He is also a virgin and he wants us to have sex. I don’t want until I reach 16. But I did a blow job on him and he did fingering. Could I have gotten a sexual disease from him like that?

First of all, you said your boyfriend was also a virgin. So, it is highly unlikely he has any of the sexually transmitted disease to pass them on to you. Sexually transmitted diseases can be transmitted through vaginal, anal and oral sex but not fingering. The best way to protect yourself from any of the STDs and pregnancy is to use a condom. This is the most important for both of you because you are not experienced and it may easily happen that you get pregnant once you start having sex. SO, listen to my advice and use condoms. If you have more questions, feel free to ask, or visit any of the youth and sexual health clinics in your area. Enjoy!

Just wanted to add that with fingering it is important that his hands are clean and fingernails well trimmed as dirty fingers can cause thrush and fingernails can cause little cuts inside the vagina

I was wondering how dangerous that is because my boyfriend has extremely long fingernails and did cause me to bleed yesterday. At first I thought it wasn't going to be a problem and as long as he cut his nails is wouldn't increase in damage, but I woke up this morning and found some blood. I am most definitely not on my menstrual cycle, so what does this mean? Could I be seriously hurt? Or will it easily and quickly heal?

Thank you!