My boyfriend and I had sex about 2 weeks ago. I'm on birth control and use it every day around the same time. We also used a condom. The condom wasn't torn and he didn't cum. I have a feeling there was some pre-cum on the outside tip of the condom, since he first had it on inside out then turned it back. (He didn't roll it when it was inside out he just put it on the head of his penis and tried rolling it, but it wouldn't, so then he turned it the way it was suppose to go.) Well, I've been having the symptoms of a period, but instead of my period I'm having a dark brown discharge. Is this because I was stressed all week about maybe being pregnant, or could I actually be pregnant? Please help!

Hi! I found that birth control pill users, especially new users, often experience spotting halfway through their cycle. Increasing the strength of your oral contraceptives can stop this from happening. Additionally, spotting may be a sign that your pills are not as effective as they should be, therefore you should use an additional method of birth control when you have spotting. However, spotting is also a symptom of chlamydia, a sexually transmitted disease. If you think you are at risk for an STD, make an appointment with your doctor to get tested. You're probably stressing yourself out about it. Stress can affect the functioning of the gland in the brain that regulates emotions, as well as the hormones required to release the eggs. If you're feeling stressed, worried, or nervous, you may ovulate later in your cycle or not at all.