Hi all. I have this problem and I hope that someone here has a solution for me. You seem I have these horrible dark bags under my eyes and I just can’t get rid of them. What’s even worse, I’m in the middle of a job search and I am afraid that when I get to the interview stage prospective employers might make negative assumptions about me due to this. I have tied to “treat” myself with long sleep time (8+ hours) but that did not work. Do you have any advice for getting rid of them? Thanks!

Dark circles under the eyes are not caused by a lack of sleep and therefore it can’t be fixed by an adequate or prolonged sleep. This condition is usually a family inherited trait, usually caused by edema under the eyes, dilated blood vessels and increased melanin pigment. If you are anemic, that can make skin under the eyes look even darker due to pale look of the facial skin. I’m not sure weather it is treatable or not – you should check it with your doc.