I am a 37 year old woman. I have always been prone to dark circles under my eyes, as a child even, and this has caused me no end of frustration. Over the last few years, it has got way worse. Right now, I can see veins or blood vessels, it seems like the skin under my eyes is becoming almost translucent and unless I use concealer, it does not look pretty at all. 

Besides the cosmetic aspect, I am worried for my health as well. What is wrong with me? And how can I treat the thinning skin under my eyes?

Please help!

Try using flaxseed oil and aloe vera gel.Best of luck

Aaaah, "blue circles under the eyes". I'm familiar with that and even considered seeing a dermatologist at some point, just because I was desperate to be rid of them. People were asking if I was tired or ill all the time, not really what you want to hear to feel good about yourself, LOL!

Yes, it's veins standing out. Now, I have some seasonal allergies and I discovered the two are related. Not much you can do about those except take antihistamines. Cutting out coffee did help though, along with better diet and using a cream with Matryxil. I suggest you look that last one up to find out more about it, because it helps if your blue circles are caused by thinning skin under the eyes.

If I were you, I would certainly experiment with a good vitamin C eye cream. The Vitamin C Eye Brightener by Renée Rouleau, for example, is meant to help you with dark circles even if they are not caused by a lack of sleep, overexposure to caffeine, and other lifestyle issues, but also if they are caused by genetic issues. Vitamin C eye creams do brighten the skin, and they reduce puffiness as well, so that would be my first point of call. 

I would not necessarily assume you have thinning skin. If you are concerned, consider asking a dermatologist about that. 

What kind of treatments are you open to trying? For under eye hollows and thin looking under eyes, soft tissue fillers are a great solution. Hyaluronic acid fillers can make your eyes look more youthful and less hollow, and decrease the appearance of fatigue.

This is obviously more invasive than creams or facials, but it gives you a solution for quite a while, until the results wear off, generally after about six months I think. If my under eye skin looked really bad, that is the first place I would look.

I started using Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair for eyes when I noticed my eyes were showing signs of aging, including what I think is thinning skin. It's a very rich formula that hydrates the eyes really well, it's slightly sticky but that is fine for use at night. The eye repair serum works while you are getting a rest, and it's really nice. It doesn't make you 20 again, of course, but after a few weeks of using it, you will see some differences. It gives you a nice fresh and soft feel right away as well.

Celebrity

Hey,

If I were in your position, I would try a combination of hyaluronic acid serum, which is very good at retaining moisture, shea butter, again highly moisturizing, vitamin C serum to brighten dark circles, and rosehip oil. Be aware that when you change your skincare routine, you will not notice results right away. Seeing improvements takes time. This does not mean your routine is not working, but that you need to be patient. 

Also try looking at your diet to see where more vitamins and minerals might need to be added, and even consider a blood test for nutritional deficiencies. 

Rosie