I’m 43 and in the last three years I have developed what people call baggy eyes. I use creams, tonics and other cosmetics recommended by my dermatologist and I’ve always paid much attention to my face. Why are those puffy bags under my eyes created? How can I get rid of them - they are very ugly and very frustrating?

You’ll have to accept the fact that your body is changing and that it will continue to change whether you like it or not. Ageing cannot be stopped and so cannot the formation of those ugly puffy bags under your eyes. Your skin is simply not that strong and healthy so protrusion blepharochalasis, commonly known as bagged eyes, appears. Continue using appropriate cosmetics, it is beneficial on the long run and don’t give up just because it looks like as if there is no point in applying the creams. Together with your doctor decide on the amount of vitamin C you should take on a daily basis - vitamin C is essential in creation of collagen and collagen keeps your skin strong and elastic. The big problem is the amount of water your body keeps and deposits in the area around your eyes. It makes your facial tissue sag and creates the bags. Consult your doctor about changes in your diet, it will lower the water retention, you’ll be healthier and it will also be visible on your face. There is, of course, the possibility of removing the bags surgically. In order to do that, your surgeon will have to determine the type of your disorder - it can be blepharochalasis, dermochalasis, brow ptosis or something else. You must be aware that these interventions are treated as cosmetic surgeries and can be very, very expensive.