Hi, 25 years old and can`t get rid of those black circles under eyes (no kidneys problem). I inherited the tendency for dark circles from my father, but mine look worse than his. Am avoiding the sun and tried anything to get rid of them, but practically with no result. I drink a lot of water, heard that`s good for dark circles problem. I always put on some make-up but, still, it`s a problem. I look like a Frankenstein. Above all, I have puffy eyes. Anybody now some drastic measures for dark circles under eyes?

Hi, I know that dark circles under eyes can be caused by a lack of sleep, fatigue or aging (not in your case, you are only 25). So, eight hours of sleep is a must and if you are using some facial cream, don`t leave the cream on the skin around the eyes for a long period of time. More drastic measures for dark circles? Try covering your eyelids with slices of raw potato or a cucumber for some 15 minutes, then wash with warm water and apply a facial cream. And chamomile is great. Make a chamomile tea and let the stem warm up your eyelids. You can aslo apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice on the black circles 2 times a day. Put some crushed mint around the eye. Massage the skin under and around eyes with almond oil (at bed time). Rub your dark circles with powdered Vitamin E capsule. So, does those measures sound extreme enough or what? And, for the puffy eyes, apply Vitamin E or olive oil.

i heard of this thing called "hylexin" maybe that will help, im not entirelly sure how to spell it but im pretty sure

I have dark circles under my eyes as well. Unfortunatly there is nothing that can be done.
The skin under the eyes is very thin to begin with, mine is thinner. What i see is the blood behind this skin showing through. I don't mean red blood, but the shadow behind the skin making it look dark.
When i wash my face to remove eye make up, i have to be so very careful not to irritate the little blood vessals under the skin. If i wash to rough, my dark circles are more prominant because i irritated the vessals again. It takes a few hours for the darkness to lighten up.
Before my Doctor told me what this was, i was trying every single beauty trick known to mankind. I would get very frustrated because i found myself buying all those ridiculously expensive eye creams that you see on the market or on infomercials. I would make up all kinds of potiens and remedys with stuff from my fridge. T bags, cucumbers, lemons, heat, ice, massage (made it worse) slept with a blind fold, tried to sleep more, tried to sleep less...nothing ever worked. Surgery can not correct this problem either.
I just use a yellow concealer under my eyes. I have to apply it a few times, as it seems to vanish quickly.
So, make sure that this is why you have dark circles under your eyes before you irritate them any further. If you have them "just because".... then by all means use some of these remedies. Sorry for me, nothing worked.

bro itwill work if u can buy vanish extreme under eye cream just take a look on ingredients dont believe wat they say and buy emu oil too they hav it on their website emu oil just penetrates in all layers of skin! and do u noe wats the reason y they r there itz cuz of blood oxidising under eyes or all over u might like to apply olive oil too it iz really good antioxidant buy vanish my first advice type extreme under eye cream with eyeliss on google and go on their site http://www.direct2uwholesale.com/page10.html it shud work do come back and tell me how was it itz only available online or oder it by phone all info there :-)

Emu Oil is also great for thickening skin by about 20%. It penetrates through all layers of the skin and you only need to use a little bit at a time.