Hi, I have dark circles under eyes almost every day. at first I thought it was due to fatigue and not sleeping enough, but even when I sleep for 9 hours I still have these dark marks. What could cause them to appear all the time?

Hi, I also have dark circles under eyes, my mother has it too. It is hereditary in our family. I thought I must have some inner disorder or lack of some nutrient, but I live with it for years. There are many factors that could cause them like lack of sleep, fatigue, pregnancy, menstruation. The skin under the eye is very thin, so blood passing through the large veins near the surface of the skin can seem as a bluish tint. When you are exhausted your skin is more pale and transparent, what makes the blood underneath the skin to become more visible and appear more blue or darker.